Bipolar Roving / Migratory Corrosion Inhibitor Admixture
ShaliPlast® RCI is bipolar roving / corrosion inhibiting concrete admixture for use in reinforced concrete and mortar. It meets the requirements for Admixtures to Inhibit Chloride-Induced Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel in Concrete. It confirms to ASTM C1582 / C1582M – 11.
Specific Gravity @ 25 OC
1.06 – 1.08
7 – 8
- Used for concrete in contact with chlorides from a marine environment.
- Effective in parking structures,
- Marine structures
- Deicing salts
- Corrosion protection for embedded reinforcing steel, especially from chloride attack.
- Extends the service life of structures in a de-icing salt and marine environment
- Add ShaliPlast® RCI to the dosing water or added with it in to the concrete mixer. It should not come into contact with dry cement. It may also be added to the concrete in the transit mixer at the point of discharge.
- ShaliPlast® RCI is compatible with other admixture; however each admixture should be added to the mix separately.
- When ShaliPlast® RCI is used with an air entraining agent then the dosage rate of air entraining agent should be reduced. ShaliPlast® RCI may react with the air entraining agent increasing its air producing efficiency.
- Compatible with all types of Portland cement including SRC (Sulphate Resistance Cement) and not compatible with high alumina cement.
0.4 – 2 % by weight of cement. Do not allow over dosing. Due to overdosing setting time will be extended rigorously. It is advisable to carry out a trial to establish the exact & optimal dosage rate depending upon set retardation required.
Health & Safety
• Use goggles, mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 20 L and 200 L drums.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
18 months in original unopened condition.