Fiber Glass Reinforced APP Modified WP Membrane
AquaShield® is uniquely formulated pre-fabricated plastomeric waterproofing membrane with fiber glass reinforcement as its core. AquaShield® has an excellent dimensional stability and resistance to weather and ageing. It offers an excellent tensile strength, elongation and superior lap joint strength. The polymer modification of bitumen with Atactic Polypropylene (APP) results in an excellent resistance to hot and cold temperatures.
AquaShield® forms an impervious, flexible waterproofing layer which can withstand normal movement of structure without showing any deterioration for a prolonged period of time.
AquaShield® is normally used in protected roofing and waterproofing applications in a single layer system and is also recommended as base layer in multilayer system in various applications, including damp-proofing.
AquaShield® is supplied in following variants:
- Plain finish with thermo-fusible polyethylene film on both surfaces,
- Mineral / natural grey slate finish with thermo-fusible polyethylene film on one surface, while mineral / natural gray slate on the other surface.
- Low cost housing projects with small roof areas.
- Small areas, which are subjected to limited stresses.
- Total impermeability.
- Resistance to ageing and weathering.
- Bondability and seam integrity.
- Stability at high temperatures.
- High resistance to impact and puncture.
- Simple, single-layer installation reduces labor and error.
- Cold flexibility.
- Clean the surface thoroughly to make it smooth and free of any foreign material.
- Apply a coat of ShaliTex Primer @ 0.3 L / m2 and allow it to dry. In areas of high humidity, the prime surface should be left over-night.
- On the primed surface, start laying of membrane at lowest point of the slope roof and progress to the higher point.
- Unroll the membrane half-way, align the side laps and fix AquaShield® membranes by using a LPG torch and applying uniform pressure with a roller/wet cloth to ensure to remove entrapped air, if any. Instead of propane torch, you may apply ShaliPrime APP, if so desired and wherever torching is not permitted or not advisable; if ShaliPrime APP is applied, ShaliTex Primer need not be applied.
- Flame should be moved in shape of “L” applying about 75 percent of the heat to the roll and 25 percent to the substrate including the lap area of previously installed membrane. Flame should be moved across the width and upto the lap edge while membrane is slowly unrolled and adhered to the under lying surface.
- Heat both layers of membrane at the overlap and use round tipped hot trowel to seal overlap. Excess compound should be smoothened and pressed into seam using hot trowel. Overlap joint shall be provided of 75mm in longitudinal direction and 100mm in transverse direction
- For UV protection on non-trafficable roof, AquaShield waterproofing membrane shall be finally coated with Super Silver Shield.
- For trafficable roof, AquaShield® Waterproofing system shall be protected with PCC dosed with ShaliPlast LW+ of 50 mm thick / tiles loosely laid or fixed, over a separation layer of spot bonded ShaliGeoText 120 / 150 gsm.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles, hand gloves, gum boots and nose mask during application.
- Clean hands with warm water after application.
For 2 mm – 1 m x 15 m, or 3 / 4 mm – 1 m x 10 m
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.