Crystalline Waterproofing Additive For Cement
PeneSeal® CWP, additive for cement, is crystalline waterproofing compound for concrete substrates. PeneSeal® CWP is economic and easy to apply. PeneSeal® CWP becomes integral part of concrete. PeneSeal CWP is equally strong against negative side water pressure. PeneSeal® CWP creates a reactive layer inside the concrete that allows the structure to self-heal shrinkage cracks under concrete with water.
- Waterproofing of basement and below grade parking structure.
- Water retaining structures and containment walls.
- Swimming pool, reservoirs.
- Basements, tunnels, machine / lift pits, reservoirs, concrete walls.
- Portable water structure.
- Sewage water structure.
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete structures instead of merely being a surface coating or membrane that can damage or delaminate.
- Penetrates deep into the capillary tracts and shrinkage cracks and can seal both positive and negative side of concrete structure. Penetration is subject to the porosity of the concrete.
- Un-reacted chemicals remain active and will react in contact with water providing additional protection against leakage.
- Protects against water borne corrosive chemicals that can cause corrosion of reinforcement.
- Does not require special protection during back filling, placement of reinforcement or other procedures necessary to protect a surface type waterproofing systems.
- Good Resistance to aggressive media with pH3 – 12 and against soft water with low ion content.
- Potable water approved.
- Crack bridging capacity upto 0.4 mm.
- Open to foot traffic in 4 hrs.
- Can be applied on 7 days old concrete.
- Shrinkage compensated, no spider – web cracking.
- Ensure that structure is sound and free from dirt, soil, oil release agents, laitance and any other foreign materials which may impair the bond, penetration and/ or the overall performance of PeneSeal CWP .
- In case of smooth concrete surface, the surface should be water / sand blasted or acid etched to ensure that the concrete surface has an open capillary system.
- In case of any crack, cut “V” grooves with suitable cutter machine anf fill with Crystiline mortar in the ratio 1:1:4 (cement : PeneSeal CWP : Sand).
- Make gola of 75×75 mm with crystiline mortar and apply the same at intersection.
- Treat active water leaks to full stop water ingress.
- PeneSeal CWP can be applied:-
- Brush Application
- Mix PeneSeal with 23% potable water (i.e. 5.75 L water / 25 Kg bag). Fill the complete mixing water into a suitable bucket and mix the powder with a slow speed drill (300 – 600 rpm) into the water until a lump-free mix with a consistency of an oil paint is achieved.
- Spray Application
- Mix PeneSeal with 23% potable water (i.e. 5.75 L water / 25 Kg bag). Fill the complete mixing water into a suitable bucket and mix the powder with a slow speed drill (300 – 600 rpm) into the water until a lump-free mix with a consistency of an oil paint is achieved. The water addition may be reduced slightly to get a more thixotropic mix.
- Dry-shake Application
- PeneSeal can be applied in powder form onto concrete before finishing the surface. PeneSeal is applied uniformly onto the concrete and then finished with a helicopter trowel.
- Brush Application
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
• Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Available in 25 kg bag.
Store in a cool dry place (5 to 35 OC), under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.