ShaliBond® BS / CS
Cold Applied Bituminous Adhesive For Fixing Roofing Felts
ShaliBond® BS / CS is a cold applied bituminous adhesive for fixing waterproofing membrane. It is manufactured from special grades of bitumen, suitably blended with other additives. It has semi-liquid consistency and is ready to use.
|Colour||Black||Dry Film Thickness||150 microns|
|Viscosity in sec (10 mm cups)||15 – 20||Theoretical Coverage, kg/m2 *
· On metal surface
· On concrete surface
|Drying Time, hr||24|
|Specific Gravity||0.95||Flash Point||40 OC|
* Depending upon surface condition.
Recommended for sticking roofing felts on metal, timber, tiles, asbestos, concrete and masonry surfaces, including roofs of trains, buses, tramcars, railway carriages, etc.
ShaliBond BS/CS is cold applied adhesive and does not require any torching. Therefore, it is useful for applications where use of hot bitumen / torching is difficult or prohibited.
- Surfaces should be cleaned of all foreign materials and should be completely dry.
- Apply ShaliBond BS / CS over the cleaned surfaces with a spatula or brush.
- Allow approximately 10 minutes time before laying the felt and sticking the same by application of uniform mild pressure.
- For more effective waterproofing, seal overlaps and termination by affixing 6 inch flashings of the membrane on overlapping area after application of ShaliPrime APP.
Health & Safety
- Lid of the container should be firmly fixed, when not in use.
- ShaliBond® BS/CS is inflammable and hence keep away from flame.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
Available in 1 kg, 4 kg, 20 Kg and 180 kg drums.
Keep in cool and dry place, in air tight container, under shed, away from heat.