Two Component Segmental Bridge Epoxy Adhesive
ShaliBond S is a two component, solvent free, thixotropic, structural adhesive especially formulated for segmental bridge construction. ShaliBond S meets the requirements of FIP and ASTM D 648.
|Colour· Component A
· Component B
|Compressive Strength @ 15 OC· 24 hours
· 7 days
|Pot Life @ 30 OC, minutes||30|
|Heat resistance, @ 50 OC (Shear stress), MPa||12.9||
Substrate Temperature, OC
|Shear Strength, N / mm2||> 12|
|Open time @ 30 OC, minute||60||Mix Density, Kg / L||1.90|
|Theoretical Coverage L / m2 *||2 L at 2 mm||Sag Flow, mm||3|
|Shrinkage||Nil||Tensile strength||Concrete failure|
|Heat Deflection, OC||> 50|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Segmental bridge adhesive.
- High strength and high modulus of elasticity.
- High initial and ultimate strength.
- Impermeable to liquid and water vapour.
- Suitable to dry and damp concrete surfaces (moisture tolerant).
- Hardening is not affected by humidity.
- Thixotropic:non sag in vertical and overhead application.
- Solvent free.
- Hardens without shrinkage.
- No primer required.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Ensure that the surface is free from dust, vegetation, debris, oil residue, and is sound and fully cured.
- Ensure that concrete should be cured for at least 28 days, (depends on minimal requirement of strengths) and have an open textured profile. Any cement laitance should be removed and free of all loose or friable particles with a minimum compressive strength 25 N/mm² and a minimum pull off 1.5 N/mm².
- Add Component A to Component B at 2:1 ratio by weight and mix thoroughly for 3 minutes until homogeneous mix is achieved, using a slow speed drill (500 – 600 rpm) fitted with a suitable mixing paddle.
- Apply ShaliBond S on prepared surface with a spatula, trowel, notched trowel or with hands, protected by gloves.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean all tools and application equipments with xylene immediately after use.Hardened or cured material can only be mechanically removed.
Health & Safety
- Avoid swallowing and contact with skin / eyes.
- In the unlikely event of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water and then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection during application.
Available in 12 kg pack (6 kg unit x 2 no).
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.