ShaliCem EWP AR
2K Cementitious Anti-root Elastomeric Waterproofing Coating
ShaliCem EWP AR is ready to use two component anti-root waterproofing coating based on graded cement, in combination with selected admixtures, synthetic resins and polymers. ShaliCem EWP AR is highly recommended for terrace waterproofing, roof garden and planters.
- Waterproofing of landscaping, terrace garden and planters.
- UV Resistant.
- Exhibits good water proofing character.
- High Flexibility.
- other foreign materials which may impair the bond, penetration and/ or the overall performance of ShaliCem EWP AR.
- Chemically remove any efflorescence, form oil, mould etc.
- Repair any cracks, honeycombed pockets or holes by Shalimar Dam-It or PlastiSeal.
- Ensure to dampen walls for an hour before application and keep damp allowing moisture to soak in. Wet dense concrete at least twice, not less than 30 minutes apart. Surface must be damp during application. Do not allow standing water.
- Prime the area with slurry by mixing one part of ShaliCrete E with two parts of neat cement i.e. in the ratio 1 : 2.
- Add Component B into a suitable container containing and thereupon, add Component A slowly whilst mixing thoroughly mix it preferably in a Jiffy Mixer.
- Crush any globules formed to make uniform paste and continue mixing.
- Apply ShaliCem EWP AR on clean and dampen surface with stiff fibre brush. Scrub well into the damp wall filling all pores and finish with final stroke in one direction. Keep a wet edge.
- Apply second coat when the first coat is touch dry.
- Allow to dry for 24 hr before moist curing. Do not apply water through a hose or pressurized nozzle.
- Light spray of water may be required between coats in hot/ dry climates.
- Apply 15 – 25 mm PCC to protect the treated surface, if traffic is expected on such surface.
- When surface becomes hard enough, fog spray with clean water keeping wall damp for 3 days. Hotter the weather, more critical the curing. Light spraying of water is recommended more frequently and for several days.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
• Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 kg box consisting of two 10 kg unit and also available in 50 kg unit.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.