1K Component Cementitious Waterproof Coating
ShaliCem WPC is a heavy duty cementitious coating intended to waterproof and protect masonry. It is mixed with water and applied to the surface of masonry or concrete walls to seal void and coat the wall, thereby stopping moisture penetration.
- All masonry surfaces, both inside and outside.
- Basements, tunnels, machinery pits, reservoirs,
- Roofs and Terraces
- Easy to apply, being single component.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete.
- Ensure that structure is sound and free from dirt, soil, oil release agents, laitance and any other foreign materials which may impair the bond, penetration and/ or the overall performance of ShaliCem WPC.
- Chemically remove any efflorescence, form oil, mould etc.
- Repair any cracks, honeycombed pockets or holes by Shalimar Dam It or PlastiSeal.
- Ensure to dampen walls for an hour before application and keep damp allowing moisture to soak in. Wet dense concrete at least twice, not less than 30 minutes apart. Surface must be damp during application. Do not allow standing water.
- Empty 25 kg of ShaliCem WPC into a clean container; add approximately 6.6 L of potable water and mix to achieve brushable consistency. Allow mix to fatten for 15 minutes, it should then adhere to brush without dripping. Excess or lesser water may be added depending upon the consistency required.
- Apply ShaliCem WPC on clean and dampen surface with stiff fibre brush. Scrub well into the damp wall filling all pores and finish with final stroke in one direction. Keep a wet edge.
- Apply second coat when the first coat is touch dry.
- On 2nd coat being touch dry, achieve the desired texture with a sponge or wood float.
- Crush any globules formed to make uniform paste and continue mixing.
- Allow to dry for 24 hr before moist curing. Do not apply water through a hose or pressurized nozzle.
- Apply second coat when first coat is touch-dry.
- Light spray of water may be required between coats in hot/ dry climates.
- When surface becomes hard enough, fog spray with clean water keeping wall damp for 3 days. Hotter the weather, more critical the curing. Light spraying of water is recommended more frequently and for several days.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
• Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Available in 25 kg bag.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.