Acrylic Polymer Coating
ShaliCrete is a multifunctional acrylic polymer emulsion for enhancing properties of concrete, mortar, grout, cement slurry etc. through better bonding, waterproofing and improvement in several other properties. ShaliCrete is used for permanently bonding plaster to ensure durable finish of exterior walls, bonding new concrete to old concrete, making mortar for repairing and for waterproofing. ShaliCrete is highly durable in wet condition as well.
- Toilets, sunken slabs, kitchen, sewers, aquariums and terrariums.
- Repairing walls, planters and small concrete terraces.
- Durable and aesthetic exterior finish with cement paint.
- Repair mortar for precast structural concrete members, toppings, patches, cracks etc.
- Easy to use.
- Improves bond strength, facilitating tough and hard wearing surface.
- Allows trapped vapour to escape thus preventing peeling / blistering.
- Reduces cracking through increased mortar flexural strength.
- Increases mortar, wears resistance under rubber wheeled traffic.
- Increases mortar tensile strength.
- Offers greater impact resistance.
- Reduces permeability.
- Non-flammable and does not give toxic gases when exposed to fire.
- Not harmful to the health of the workman.
- Surface Preparation
- Ensure that structure is at least 3 days old, sound and free from dirt, soil, oil release agents, laitance and any other foreign materials which may impair the bond, penetration and / or the overall performance of ShaliCrete. Do not etch with acid.
- Remove chemically any efflorescence, form oil, mould etc.
- Ensure to fill cracks / honeycombs / holes / faulty construction joints with mortar made of ShaliCrete, cement and super fine sand in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3 and allow it to touch dry.
- Pre-wet / dampen all prepared concrete surface before application of ShaliCrete. Do not allow standing water.
B Slurry Preparation
- Mix ShaliCrete with neat cement in the ratio as shown in table below till obtaining homogeneous, lump free mixture with better brushable consistency:
C. Waterproofing Compound
- Apply ShaliCrete slurry by brush on the surface. Apply two or more coats depending on the surface condition.
- Ensure time interval of 5 -6 hr between two coats.
- Do not apply slurry coat on standing water.
- After 6 hrs of air drying the coated surface should be cured by means of spraying water for next 24 hr. Do not leave coated surface dry during this period. Do not allow the coated surface to be submerged under water during this period.
- Allow to dry for 24 hrs after moist curing. Do not apply water through a hose or pressurized nozzle.
D. Bonding Agent
- Bond coat with a mixing ratio of 1:2 (one part of ShaliCrete and two parts of cement).
- The applied bonding agent should be in tacky condition before topping with new concrete.
E. Repair Mortar
- Bond coat with a mixing ratio of 1:2 (one part of ShaliCrete and two parts of cement)
- Repair Mortar with a mixing ratio of 1:2:5 (one part of ShaliCrete, two parts of cement and five part of sand ) applied in specified area .
- After the application of Repair Mortar to keep the surface moist for 12 – 24 hr.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean tools and equipment with water before the material hardens.
Provide 15 – 25 mm protective plaster / screed over the ShaliCrete membrane.
Health & Safety
• Product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Seek medical advice if irritation persists.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 1 kg, 5 kg, 20 kg, 50 kg and 200 kg containers.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened condition.