Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen
ShaliCRMB is the best and most suitable for Indian Roads for all weather, Highways, Densest Traffic Roads, Junctions, airfield runways, Heavy Duty and High traffic Sea Port Roads etc. It is highly durable and dependable economical solution for raveling, undulation, rutting, bleeding, shoving and potholes solutions.
ShaliCRMB is manufactured from mechanically partial de-vulcanized, chemically treated rubber from heavy vehicular tyres duly admixed with Natural Asphalt & Natural Latex in a high sheared mixing machine at a higher temperature. ShaiCRMB is superior version to IRC Specification 53 of 2002 & IS 15462/2004
|CRMB 50||CRMB 55||CRMB 60|
|Penetration at 25 OC o.1mm 100 grm on 5 sec||< 70||< 60||< 50|
|Softening Point at OC (R & B), min.||52||57||62|
|Flash Point, COC, OC min||220||220||220|
|Elastic Recovery of Half Thread in Ductilometer at 15 OC, % min.||>55||>55||>55|
|Separation, difference in Softening Point R & B OC max||3||3||3|
Test on thin film over test (TOFT) on Residue ( IS : 9382 : 1992 )
|Penetration at 25 OC, 0.1mm 100 grm, 5 Sec, Min %||60||60||50|
|Increase in softening Point OC ( R & B ), min.||7||6||5|
|Elastic Recovery of Half Thread in Ductilometer at 15 OC, % min||35||35||35|
It is used for Wearing course & Binder course like Semi dense Bituminous Concrete ( SDBC ), Dense Bituminous Macadam ( DBM ) and Bituminous Concrete ( BC ) or Asphalt Concrete ( AC ).
- Higher resistance to deformation at increased Road temperature enhances smooth drive comforts.
- Improved adhesion and bonding with aggregates, Higher Softening Point, High Flow resistance and Higher Impact Resistance to withstand movement of Heavy Vehicular Traffic.
- Higher Skid Resistance, Better Road Grip and smother vehicle break application reduces accident chances substantially.
- Higher elongation and Tensile strength, increases elasticity, reduced Thermal Sensitivity reduces the chances of all types of cracks under stress.
- Reduces degree of rutting, improves driving comfort even on Higher Axle Load.
- Higher Anti- Stripping properties and highly resistance to moisture / water absorption reduces the chance of damage of roads during heavy rain even under improper drainage.
- Higher aging resistance due to passivity to oxidation ( Resists degradation on high application temperature as well as during Summer ensures longer life of the pavement with lesser maintenance ).
- ShaliCRMB Bitumen shall be used in suitable Hot Mix Plant with dry aggregates, a little higher temperature than applied in case of conventional Bitumen.
- Before using, it should be agitated in molten condition with suitable device for homogeneity whether it is supplied in drums or tankers.
- Should not be heated repeatedly or over heated to retain its properties.
- It can be applied as tack coat for Bituminous Concrete, when CRMB is used, by suitable sprayer for SAM (Stress Absorbing Membrane) or SAMI (Stress Absorbing Membrane Interface).
Health & Safety
- Use goggles, gumboots, nose covers and hand gloves during application
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in bulk and in 200 kg drum. It can also be processed at site as per bulk requirement.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat. Please refer below mentioned measures for storage
|Stage of Work||Viscosity ( Poise )||Temp. at OC|
|Binder at Mixing||Max 2||165 – 185|
|Mixing at Mixing Plant||Max 4||140 – 160|
|Mix at Laying Site||Max 5||130 – 150|
|Rolling at Laying Site||10 – 10000||115 – 135|