Acrylic Curing and Sealing compound
ShaliCure Acrylate (formerly known as ShaliSuper Rez-Sea) is a high solids copolymer that cures concrete and provides a protective coating for interior and exterior concrete including terrazzo surfaces. It bonds tenaciously to concrete forming an inert, impervious film that is resistant to the alkali from fresh cement, salts and many construction stains. It impregnates the top surface of a floor, making it highly resistant to the penetration of dirt and staining materials. ShaliCure Acrylate complies to ASTM C 309 Types 1 & 1D, Class B.
|Drying time||< 1 Hr||Total solid, %||30|
|Alkali Resistance 48 hrs Exposure||Passes||Salt spray, 500 hrs exposure||Passes|
|Flash Point, OC||43||Solvent Resistance||Minimal|
|Adhesion to Concrete||Passes||Adhesion to Asphalt Tile||Passes|
|Theoretical Coverage, m2 /L||4 – 6 in two coats|
- Industrial Floor Slabs
- Parking Garages
- Exterior Pavements and roads
- Walls and Columns
- Dry Shake Hardened Floors
- Terrazzo Floors
- Passenger and freight Terminals
- Higher solids content for increased curing efficiency.
- Provides a clear curing film for new concrete.
- Seals all concrete surfaces – old or new and easy to clean.
- Hardens new concrete by promoting a proper cure for improved abrasion resistance.
- Dustproofs concrete by impregnating surface pores with tough durable film.
- Protects fresh concrete from rain damage after drying.
- Compatible with many paints, adhesives, and resilient floor coverings.
- For the best cure of freshly placed concrete, apply ShaliCure Acrylate as soon as possible after finishing operations and / or immediately after the disappearance of the “sheen” of surface moisture. Application should be made with a high pressure industrial sprayer, lambs wool applicator, short nap roller or brush. Do not cover more area than can be worked in 10 minutes as the ShaliCure Acrylate membrane will start to dry.
- When sealing old concrete, the surface must be clean and dry. Remove contaminants and stains such as waxes, grease and oil with strong soaps or caustics rather than acids. Badly worn or porous areas may need a second application to attain a uniform seal and surface gloss. Apply ShaliCure Acrylate with a high pressure industrial sprayer, lambs wool applicator, short nap roller or brush.
- Use 2 coats of ShaliCure Acrylate.
- Do not apply to concrete surfaces or at ambient temperatures below 10 OC.
- Do not apply over bleed water or free standing water.
Health & Safety
- Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
- Clean hands with soap water after application.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of product.
- Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Available in 20 L and bulk pack.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
9 months in original unopened sealed condition.