Three Component Epoxy Mortar
ShaliFix EM (formerly known as ShaliMortar E) is a three component system consisting of an epoxy resin, hardener and selected graded filler. This system is tough and resilient when compared to concrete. It has excellent characteristics for floor repairs or re-surfacing. It is a 100% solid system, which is solvent free. ShaliFix EM mortar may be applied at thickness of 5 – 10 mm. It confirms ASTM C-811-90 Type II & IV, Grade 1, Class B & C
|Compressive Strength, mpa
||.40 – 5070 – 80||Working Time, Minimum, 30 OC||30 – 40|
|Flexural Strength, mpa||25 – 27|
|Tensile Strength, mpa||14 – 16|
ShaliFix EM is resistant to a variety of chemicals as given below
|Acetic Acid||10%||Nitric Acid||25%|
|Ammonium Hydroxide||25%||Sulphuric Acid||10%|
|Caustic Soda||50%||Sulphuric Acid||50%|
|Citric Acid||10%||Lactic Acid||10%|
|Phosphoric Acid||50%||Hydrochloric Acid||10%|
- Service Stations
- Chemical Plants
- Metal treating plants
- Machinery service areas
- Food processing and rendering plants
- Concrete runways
- Joint arises in highways
- Provides non-absorbent, non-dusting and chemical resistant surface.
- Dries in eight hours to allow foot traffic
- High tensile and high compressive strength
- Solvent free and no VOC complaint.
- Ensure that concrete should be at least 28 days old.
- Ensure that surface is sound and free from dust, laitance and other contaminants
- Remove any oil, grease etc by acid etching or by burning.
- Allow the surface to dry.
- Prime the textured surface by ShaliPrime 2E by brush or roller.
- Mix Comp B (Hardener) into Comp A (Resin) (not the reverse) thoroughly by using a drill mixer fitted with suitable paddle till a homogenous mix is obtained. After thoroughly mixing, add Comp C (Filler) and mix for additional 2 minutes or until all aggregate pieces are completely covered by the epoxy.
- Apply immediately.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean all tools immediately after use with Xylene. Do no allow the material to harden.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 10 kg pack & ShaliPrime Epoxy HB in 12 kg pack (3 kg unit x 4),
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
9 months in original unopened sealed conditions.