ShaliFix RM C
Polymer Modified Cementitious Repair Mortar
ShaliFix RM C (formerly known as ShaliScreed C) is a polymer modified cementitious mortar designed for use as concrete repair mortar at thickness of 13 mm to 50 mm. ShaliFix RM C is formulated to incorporate liquid latex technology, which provides excellent durability under freeze-thaw cycling as well as reducing ingress by water and deicing salts. ShaliFix RM C is easy to work with at high slump consistency and provides a fast setting abrasion resistant repair.
|Compressive Strength (50 mm cubes)
||.21 MPa28 MPa41 MPa
|Flexural Strength, 28 days||12 MPa|
||.11 MPa2083 kg/m2|
- Parking decks / docks / ramps
- Joints / curbs / gutters
- Marine structures
- Pavements and walkways
- Provides a strong, wear resistant patch
- Excellent durability under freeze / thaw cycling
- Resists penetration of water and deicing salts for good substrate protection.
- Excellent bond to properly prepared sound concrete
- Easy to use two part system.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- High slump formula for easy handling
- Ensure that concrete surface is sound, even, firm, and 28 days cured with moisture content not exceeding 5%, if epoxy adhesive is used to bond topping. In cases of use of slurry bond coat, the concrete should be at least 3 days old.
- Ensure that the surface is sound and free from dust, laitance and other contaminants.
- Remove dust, flakes, oil / grease by washing with liquid detergent, followed by acid wash or by burning and then vacuum clean or pressure wash.
- Acid etching may be done only in cases where mechanical preparation is impractical. In such cases, use epoxy bonding agent.
- All concrete must possess an open surface texture with all curing compounds and sealers removed.
- Saw cut edges to ¼” (6 mm) deeper than the topping thickness and the floor notch at the edge of repair to provide a locked in, reinforced edge. Chip the edge with a hand held chipping hammer to provide the wedge shaped notch. Moving joints as in the case of expansion joints should be brought up through the repair by saw cutting or with the use of divider strip.
- Prime all area with either a slurry such as ShaliBond Concrete after the surface has been prepared. If the substrate has been prepared by acid etching, use of epoxy primer is highly recommended. The primer bonding agent must be ordered separately.
- Small quantities of concrete coat may be mixed with a drill and “jiffy” mixer. Use a paddle type mortar mixer for large job. Add the appropriate amount of concrete coat liquid for the batch size and then add the dry product. Mix a minimum of 3 minutes. Add pea gravel (if appropriate) and mix for an additional 2 minutes. The mixed product should be transported to the repair area and placed immediately.
- Mix concrete coat as instructed but add an additional 0.6 L of water per unit of the mix. Broom the slurry coat on to the prepared and re-dampened concrete. Apply the concrete coat topping before the slurry coat has dried.
- Use ShaliBond Concrete (LV or MV) epoxy for repairs.
- Discharge material from mixer and place onto floor. For patching, spread with a trowel, come-a-long, or square shovel to a thickness that matches the surrounding concrete. Finish by hand troweling. On large floor areas, use screed strips as guide in combination with vibratory screeding to level. Finish by hand trowelling.
- Finish the repair material to the desired texture. Do not add additional water to the surface during the finishing operation. If additional liquid is required, use concrete coat liquid.
- Proper curing procedures are important to ensure the durability and quality of repair. To prevent surface cracking, cure the floor with a high solids, curing compound. If curing compound is not desired, wet cure for a minimum of 3 days.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with xylene. Do not allow material to harden.
Health & Safety
- Do not use solvent based curing compounds on this products
- Do not use material at temperature below 7 oC
- Use gloves, mask during application of the adhesive.
- Skin contact should be cleaned with acetone or IPA followed by soap water.
- Eye contact needs immediate medical attention.
Available in 25 kg Bag.
Keep in a cool and dry place, under shed, away from hit.
9 month in original unopened sealed conditions.