ShaliFix RM HB 01
2K High Build Polymer Modified Reinstatement Mortar
ShaliFix® RM HB 01 is light weight, polymer modified repair mortar to provide high build properties as well as excellent resistance to chloride ions and the diffusion of acidic gases such as carbon dioxide. It contains special preblended cements, graded sand and chemical additives which thermally combine to provide a product that has excellent compatibility with concrete as well as outstanding water repellent properties. ShaliFix® RM HB 01 can be applied in thicknesses from 10mm to 40mm in vertical and 25mm in overhead situations.
|Compressive Strength, N/mm2
|Flexural Strength, N/mm2,28 days||4.5|
|Tensile Strength, N/mm2, 28 days||1.7|
|Water Absorption, ml/m2/sec
|Setting Time, hr
|Coefficient of thermal expansion, OC||7 – 12 x 10-6||Fresh Wet Density, kg/m3||Approx 1600|
The above results were obtained at a water : powder ratio of 0.18 at 27 OC
- In vertical and overhead situations, a high thickness can be built up.
- Extremely low permeability provides maximum protection against carbon dioxide and chlorides.
- Excellent bond to the concrete substrate.
- Shrinkage compensated.
- No side batching required, supplied in pre-weighted pre-packed condition.
- Only addition of water at site to be made while mixing the powder and liquid parts.
- Contains no chlorides.
- Saw cut or cut back the extremities of the repair locations to a depth of at least 10mm to avoid feather edging and to provide a square edge. Break out the complete repair area to a minimum depth of 10mm up to the saw edge.
- Thoroughly clean both surfaces which are to be stuck together to ensure removal of dust and other loose particles from concrete, plaster or other surfaces.
- Surface should be moistened before application of coating. But standing water should not be allowed.
- Apply primer in primed surface.
- For 1 bag application, Place about 2.75 L of drinking quality water in the mixer and add the supplied liquid polymer part and mix with the machine in operation add ShaliFix RM HB 01 powder and mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Depending on the ambient temperature and the desired consistency, a small additional amount of water may be added up to a maximum total water content of 3.25 L.
- Apply the mixed ShaliFix RM HB 01 to the prepared substrate by gloved hand or trowel. Thoroughly compact mortar on to the primed substrate and around the exposed reinforcement.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with clean water. Do not allow material to harden.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 25 kg bag.
Store in cool dry place under the shed away from heat.