ShaliFix RM SG 01
2K Structural Grade Polymer Modified Reinstatement Mortar
ShaliFix RM SG 01 is supplied as a grey powder along with a liquid polymer and has to be mixed with water on site to produce a highly consistent, high strength repair mortar. The material is based on carefully blended cement, graded fillers and chemical additives and is polymer modified to provide a mortar with good handling characteristics, while minimising water demand. The hardened product exhibits excellent thermal compatibility with concrete and outstanding water requirement ensures fast strength gain and long-term durability. ShaliFix RM SG 01 is designed for vertical or horizontal applications. It can be applied from a minimum of 5 mm to 15 mm thickness in vertical section. Higher thicknesses can be achieved by the use of formwork.
|Compressive Strength, N/mm2
|Flexural Strength, N/mm2, 28 days||8|
|Water Absorption after 24 hr, %||0.45||Chloride ion diffusion, mg/L, after 24 hr||NIL|
|Depth Carbonation, mm
|Setting Time, hr
|Fresh Wet Density, kg/m3||Approx 2100||Coefficient of Thermal Expansion, OC||7 – 12 x 10-6|
The above results were obtained at a water : powder ratio of 0.18 at 27 OC
- High Strength.
- Can be applied by hand.
- Extremely low permeability provides maximum protection against carbon dioxide and chlorides.
- Excellent bond to the concrete substrate.
- Shrinkage compensated.
- No side batching required, supplied in pre-weighted pre-packed condition.
- Only addition of water at site to be made while mixing the powder and liquid parts.
- Contains no chlorides.
- Saw cut or cut back the extremities of the repair locations to a depth of at least 10mm to avoid feather edging and to provide a square edge. Break out the complete repair area to a minimum depth of 10mm upto the saw edge.
- Thoroughly clean both surfaces which are to be stuck together to ensure removal of dust and other loose particles from concrete, plaster or other surfaces.
- Surface should be moistened before application of coating. But standing water should not be allowed.
- Apply primer in primed surface.
- For normal application, use 3.25 to 3.50 L of drinking quality water per 25 kg bag of ShaliFix RM SG 01. Always add polymer part into water and mix for 2 minutes. Then add powder part slowly and mix for 3 minutes until homogeneous material result.
- Apply the mixed ShaliFix RM SG 01 to the prepared substrate by gloved hand or trowel. Thoroughly compact mortar on to the primed substrate and around the exposed reinforcement.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with clean water. Do not allow material to harden.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 25 kg bag.
Store in cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.