ShaliFloor 3 ES
3K Chemical & Abrasion Resistant Epoxy Screed
ShaliFloor 3ES (Formerly known as ShaliScreed / ShaliScreed 2000) is three component solvent free abrasion resistant flooring laid by trowel. ShaliFloor 3ES is extremely tough, durable, slip resistant and is ideally suited for areas subjected to high impact, high abrasion, forklift movement and areas exposed to chemicals and oil spillage. ShaliFloor 3ES provides excellent bond to concrete surfaces and can be incorporated in the design of new floors or as an overlay to existing floors to protect it against impact and corrosive effect to chemicals.
|Pot Life, Minute @ 30 OC||40 – 50||Curing Time· Foot Traffic· Vehicle Traffic· Full Cure||24 hrs48 hrs7 days|
|Compressive Strength, N/MM2||60|
|Bond strength to concrete, N/MM||3.0|
|Theoretical Coverage, / 20 kg||1.8 m2, 5mm thickness|
|Flexural Strength, N/MM2||25||Shrinkage||Nil|
|Tensile Strength, N/MM2||8.5||Thickness, mm||3 – 6|
|Hydrochloride Acid 10%||Excellent||Sulphuric Acid 10%||Excellent|
|Phosphoric Acid 30%||Excellent||Nitric Acid 10%||Good|
|Sodium Hydroxide 30%||Excellent||Ammonia||Excellent|
- Production line areas like processing plants, storage areas, loading bays, etc.
- Fertilizers and petrochemical plants.
- Bottling plant., Power houses, Pharmaceutical Industries, Paper mills / Textile Mills, Diaries & breweries, Automobile plant
- Effluent treatment plant lining. Can be used as coving material.
- Used as coving material on the wall and floor joints.
- Resists abrasion / chemicals, including acids and alkalies.
- Excellent bond to concrete
- Resists impact load
- Extremely durable
- Provides good gripping surface to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic
ShaliFloor 3ES should be applied only if the moisture content of the floor is below 5% when applied over concrete, the surface must be sound, free from dust, laitance and other contaminants.
- Surface must be prepared by mechanical abrasion.
- For best bond, concrete surface must be slightly textured.
- Remove oil and grease by washing with liquid detergent followed by acid wash or by burning.
- Allow the floor to dry before priming.
- Remove old painting using surface grinder.
- All surfaces should be primed by brush or roller using ShaliPrime Epoxy at a rate of 250 grm/m2 (Consumption can vary with surface porosity).
- Mixed ShaliFloor 3ES should be applied over the primer immediately after priming.
· Mixing is carried out in a specially designed drum mixer or in a bucket using @ 1000 rpm as drilling machine fitted with paddle.
· Mix ShaliFloor 3ES component A & B thoroughly by using a drill mixer till a homogeneous mix is obtained. Then add component C slowly, ensuring complete dispersion. After all of component C has been added, mix for a minimum of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixed material on the floor and spread it over the calculated area by using steel trowel.
- Compact the material by tamping with a wooden float.
- Finish off by trowelling with steel trowel to a smooth finish.
- Anchor the screed mortar near floor to wall joints, around columns & foundations & at edges of trenches, gutters, bays & expansion joints.
- To ensure uniform thickness, the mixed materials should be spread out between temporary screeding bars used as shuttering. After application is completed, bars can be removed, cleaned and reused.
NOTE: After application of ShaliFloor 3ES / ShaliFloor 3ES 2M, it has to be sealed with sealer coat or ShaliFloor TC 2HBE.
ShaliFloor SLTC 3E can also be applied as topping
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean all tools immediately after use with Xylene. Do not allow the material to harden.
Health & Safety
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, wash immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 kg packaging.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.