Non-Metallic Floor Hardener
ShaliFloor NM (formerly known as Shalimar Surflex) is a quartz-silica mixture of finely graded non-metallic aggregates, plasticizer and cement binder. It is an economical concrete floor hardener recommended for both interior and exterior use. It is particularly valuable because of its non-rusting characteristics when floors will be frequently wet.
|Physical Appearance||Cementitious powder||Compressive strength – 28 days||60 – 70 N/mm2|
|Abrasion Resistance||Treated concrete will give 150 – 225 % better abrasion resistance then control concrete||Theoretical Coverage *Light Traffic
|3.5 – 4.0 Kg/ m2
4.5 – 5.0 Kg/ m2
6.5 – 7.0 Kg/ m2
* Depending upon surface condition.
Shalimar Surflex is used whenever floor surfaces will be subjected to light-to-heavy usage, whenever abrasion resistant or non-rusting floors are specified i.e. car park areas of commercial and public buildings, food processing & electronics industries, breweries, restaurants, diaries, automobile showrooms and service centers, warehouses, loading docks and high traffic aisleways.
- Hardens concrete in one economical operation.
- Wear resistant-use of hard and properly graded aggregates increases the wear resistant over plain concrete floors.
- Can be used in conjunction with vacuum dewatered concrete at maximum of 5 kgm2 spread rate.
- Non-rusting materials make it possible to use Shalimar Surflex outdoors as well as indoors.
- Special dispersing agent contained in Shalimar Surflex makes it possible to incorporate Shalimar Surflex into the surface of low slump concrete resulting in exceptionally high surface strengths for maximum wear resistance.
These directions are to be followed for application of ShaliFloor NM on well designed, non-air entrained concrete mixes. Keep air content of the concrete below 3%. Minimum cement content per cu m of concrete is 300 kg & slump required is 50 to 70 mm.
- Sub-grade and Reinforcing: Special attention should be given to a well-compacted and level sub-grade. A sub-grade that is not well compacted could cause cracking in the slab. Follow the specifications for use if reinforcing bars or welded wire mesh.
- Check the specifications for the amount of hardener required per square meter then stick the correct number of bags at each bay to be placed that day. This is important because it gives the finishers a “gauge” for applying the right amount of material.
- Place concrete between screed points and strike off a level of finished floor.
- Use float or darby to level surface. To remove excess water, drag surface with a burlap or sack.
- After the concrete has stiffened somewhat, open the surface by floating with hand wood or power float.
- For best results and uniformity of thickness, ShaliFloor NM should be applied in two shakes using approximately two-thirds of the total amount for the first shake.
- First ShaliFloor NM Shake: Immediately after the surface has been opened by floating, apply the first shake when the screeded slab is free of surface water and has set to a degree that when a man stands on the slab he leaves footprints about 5 mm deep maximum.
- Allow the first shake to remain unworked on the surface, until it has absorbed moisture and is of uniform colour. Then float with hand wood or power float. Immediately after, apply second shake at right angles to the first one, making application to the edges first.
- After second shake has absorbed its moisture, float in the same manner as outlined above working the edges then cross floating for a level surface.
- Steel Troweling: When the surface has set sufficiently so that no additional water or fines are brought to the surface, steel troweling shall be done on the floor. During this operation the trowel should be slightly raised to give a hard and smooth finish. Leave troweling operation half, if broom finish is required.
- Curing is essential for concrete floor treated with ShaliFloor NM. This can be done by using suitable curing compound manufactured by STP Ltd like Shalicure PA. Alternatively using water ponding method or polyethene sheeting is also acceptable.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of dust.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 50 kg bag.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
9 months in original unopened sealed condition.