ShaliFloor SL AS 3 E
3K Self Leveling Anti-Static Epoxy Coating
ShaliFloor SL AS 3E (Formerly known as ShaliScreed SL AS) is a multi-layer system comprising of ShaliPrime AS, ShaliFloor SL AS 3E – both Base Coat and Top Coat. The Total system gives a thickness of 3 – 5 mm with anti-static properties.
|Theoretical Coverage *· ShaliScreed SL AS Putty· ShaliPrime AS
· ShaliScreed SL AS Base Cote
· ShaliScreed SL AS Top Coat
|100 grm/rm250 grm/m2
|Surface Resistivity||N x 106 to N x109 Ohms(Where N = 1, 2, 3…)|
|Static Decay Test||0.03 sec.|
|Pot Life, Minute· For base coat· For Top Coat||3040||Curing Time· Foot traffic· Full cure||24 hrs,7 days|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Hospital and Operation theatre.
- Electronic assembly area.
- Central panel room in processing plant.
- Measurement tests and control area
- Resists build up of static electricity.
- Resists chemicals.
- Seamless, monolithic, joint-less, and dense surface, which is easy to clean as well as hygienic
- All Substrates should be dry (max. 5% moisture content), clean, sound and free of laitance.
- Use of surface grinders/ scarifiers / shot blasting is recommended in case of old floors.
- Copper wire or copper strip may be used depending upon the availability and suitability of the site
- Groove cutting and laying of copper wire: Cut the groove in the size of 5 mm width and 10 mm depth at a distance of 1 mtr x 1 mtr lengthwise and breadth wise. At the periphery, near the wall, a distance of 6 inches should be maintained for cutting the groove. At any one end, the groove to be extended to facilitate the earthing connection. Then insert the copper wire into the groove and fill the groove with ShaliFloor SL AS 3E Putty. And allow the putty to dry. After drying, grind the excessive dried putty with grinder as to level the surface.
- Clean the surface well and ensure that the surface is free from dust prior to application of ShaliPrime AS.
- Laying of copper strip: Remove the butter paper and expose the adhesive of the copper strip. Stick the self adhesive copper strip on to the clean concrete substrate at a distance of 1 mtr to each other, lengthwise and breadth wise. At the periphery, near to the walls, stick the self adhesive copper strip at a distance of 6 inches from the walls. At any one end in the room, copper strip should be extended out for connection of earthing.
- Priming: Use ShaliPrime AS for priming. It is imperative that the contents of the two components are thoroughly premixed prior to mixing together. Mix slowly using a slow speed drill and paddle for at least 4 minutes, scrape down the sides to ensure complete mixing.
- Base Coat: A Three component self levelling system which is natural black in color. Base coat should be applied after drying of the ShaliPrime AS (after 6 – 8 hrs from application of primer).
- Topcoat: Top Coat is a three component self levelling system. It is available in range of colors. (Technical department to be contacted for color availability). Top coat to be applied after drying of base coat. A gap of at least 12 hrs should be maintained for application of topcoat. Roughening the surface of dried base coat by using emery paper is recommended for better bonding of the topcoat with the base coat. Before application of top coat the surface should be cleaned and ensure that the surface is free from dust particles.
- Mixing and application methodology for top coat and base coat remains common as equal to a normal Self leveling system.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor SL AS 3E on surfaces known to, or likely to, suffer from rising dampness, potential osmosis problems or having relative humidity greater than 75 %.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor SL AS 3E to asphalt, weak or infirm concrete, unmodified sand / cement screeds, PVC tiles or sheets, or substrates known to move substantially e.g. steel walkways.
- There may be changes in shades of ShaliFloor SL AS 3E if exposed. Besides, it is normal to experience fading in colour of light sheds when exposed to adverse conditions.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with xylene. Do not allow material to harden.
- Service life of a floor will be considerably extended by good housekeeping. Regular cleaning may be carried out using a rotary scrubbing machine with a warm miscible cleaning agent at temperature up to 50 OC.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in carton consisting of Putty 20 kg, Primer 10 kg (two components), Base Coat 15 kg (three components) and Top Coat 20 kg. (three components)
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.