ShaliFloor SL UL 3 ES
3K Epoxy Self-Leveling Underlay Epoxy Screed
ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES (Formerly known as ShaliScreed SL UL) is pre-weighed self-leveling epoxy underlay screed floor coating system. It is three component epoxy system with selected aggregates and epoxy resins. ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES provides a hard, semi-smooth, impervious and easy to clean surface. ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES has excellent adhesion and provides good abrasion resistance on floors. It can be coated with any epoxy coatings, self–leveling system or Polyurethane coatings. It is most economical method of floor system prior to applying epoxy screed toppings or coatings.
|Theoretical Coverage, per 37 kg *||10 m2 @ 2 mm||Curing Time, @ 30 OC· Foot Traffic, hrs
· Vehicular Traffic, hrs
· Full Cure, days
|Approximate Pot Life, Minutes· 35 OC
· 20 OC
|Mixed density, grm / cc||Approx 1.8||Shore Hardness||70 – 80|
|Flexural Strength @ 30 OC, N / mm2, 7 days||21||Compressive Strength @ 30 OC, N / mm2, 7 days||56|
|Adhesion Strength, N/mm2, 7 days||> .5||Shrinkage||NIL|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Leveling floor prior to application of epoxy screed, epoxy topping and coating.
- May be used over various substrates like cement, Kota stone, marble etc. particularly in Laboratories, Assembly Units, Pharmaceuticals, Automobile and other manufacturing units.
- Cost effective, hygienic, easy to clean and economical
- Good chemical resistance to wide range of chemicals.
- Quick and easy to apply
- Seamless and durable.
- High strength.
- Ensure thorough surface preparation, preferably by mechanically scarifying, grit / sand blasting, and removing of all laitance, loose particles and contaminants.
- Remove oil / grease etc by acid etching or by burning. Clean the surface of all dust / loose particles. A thorough detergent wash is also recommended followed by thorough cleaning with clean water and mopping it off to a dry state.
- Ensure that there is no rising dampness, infirmity, cracks or unevenness in the surface.
- Ensure that concrete surface is at least 28 days old or have moisture content of less than 5% before proceeding with epoxy application.
- Cut open the concrete floor at ends near to door entrances, around trenches and gutters etc. around 10 mm deep and 10 mm wide to accommodate blade and anchor ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES.
- Make concrete surface textured by Scarifying / Shot Blasting.
- Apply ShaliPrime 2E on prepared substrate. Please refer to the product literature of ShaliPrime LBHB 2E for detailed instructions on applications.
- Treat control / construction joint as per STP’s advice.
- Allow primer to dry for 6 – 8 hrs till it is touch dry.
- Stir Component A of ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES thoroughly, preferably, with stirrer having speed of 400-500 rpm ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES
- In the stirred Component A, add component C (filler) of ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES slowly and then add component B slowly in the above compound and ensure complete dispersion. Mix for 5-10 minutes till homogenous mix is obtained.
- Lay the above mix of ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES and spread evenly over recommended area using a notch trowel. The notch of the Trovel should be double the desired thickness of the ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES.
- Anchor ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES near walls, around columns / foundations and at edges of trenches / cutters / bays and expansion joints.Use spike roller with long handle on applied ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES to remove entrapped air. Ensure that the spike roller is not applied too long to leave any permanent indentation on surface. During application use spike shoe.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES on surfaces known to, or likely to, suffer from rising dampness, potential osmosis problems or having relative humidity greater than 75 %.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES to asphalt, weak or infirm concrete, unmodified sand / cement screeds, PVC tiles or sheets, or substrates known to move substantially e.g. steel walkways.
- Do not install ShaliFloor SLUL 3ES at temperature < 10 OC or > 45 OC.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor SLUL 3ES over treated expansion joints. Treat expansion joints with ShaliSeal PS.
- In common with all epoxy material, some light shed may fade in the long term, when place in adverse exposed condition. Such changes, if any, are normal and have no effect of performance of ShaliFloor SL UL 3ES.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with xylene. Do not allow material to harden.
- Service life of a floor will be considerably extended by good housekeeping. Regular cleaning may be carried out using a rotary scrubbing machine with a warm miscible cleaning agent at temperature up to 50 OC.
Health & Safety
• Avoid swallowing and contact with skin / eyes.
• In the unlikely event of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water and then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection during application.
Available in 37 kg composite packs.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed conditions.