ShaliFloor TC 2 HBE
2K High Build Epoxy Top Coating
ShaliFloor TC 2HBE (Formerly known as ShaliPoxy FC) is high build Epoxy floor coating with high resistance to abrasion and provides dust free floor surface. The cured surface is hard and gives smooth finish. ShaliFloor TC 2HBE provides joint-less, monolithic, smooth, non-porous, hygienic floor, which is easy to clean and maintain. It has excellent resistance to abrasion. It cures to give a semi gloss finish. ShaliFloor TC 2HBE is tested by CFTRI as per 21 CFR 175-300 of US FDA Test method.
|Pot life @ 30 OC||4 hrs||Time between coats||8 – 12 hrs|
|Adhesion to concrete||Excellent||Tack Free time||4 – 6 hrs|
|Water absorption||Nil||DFT||200 microns|
|Curing Time· Foot Traffic· Vehicle Traffic
· Full Cure
|24 hrs72 hrs
|Theoretical Coverage, gms/m2 *||300 in two coats|
* Depending upon surface condition.
ShaliFloor TC 2HBE resists Citric Acid 10%, Hydrochloric Acid 10%, Lactic Acid 10% and Sulphuric Acid 10%
- Area requiring hygienic monolithic floor like pharmaceutical Industries, operation theatres & corridors in hospitals and nursing homes, laboratories, bottling plants, dairies & breweries, fermentation floors in tea garden, food processing – fisheries, meat processing, pickles etc.
- Nuclear plants, computer and control panel rooms
- Industries mainly Electric and Electronic Industries, picture tube manufacturing plants, and textile mills, portable water and food storage.
- Automobile workshops
- Oil Rigs.
- Prevents bacterial growth
- Easy to clean
- Provides smooth monolithic surface when used on metallic surface and simultaneously prevents corrosion.
- ShaliFloor TC 2HBE should be applied only if the moisture content of the floor is below 5% when applied over concrete, the surface must be sound, free from dust, laitance and other contaminants.
- For best bond, concrete surface must be textured by shot blasting / scarifying.
- Remove oil and grease by washing with liquid detergent followed by acid wash or by burning.
- Allow the floor to dry before priming.
- Remove old painting using surface grinder.
- Well prepared surface should be primed by brush or roller using ShaliPrime LBHB 2E at a rate of 250 grm/m2.
- Allow the primer to dry for 6 to 8 hrs.
- Stir the Component A and Component B separately. If settling is observed in the Component A, loosen the settled material with the help of hand stirrer followed by power driven stirrer for quick homogenous mixing. Mix hardener gradually into the base under continuous stirring.
- After mixing, apply ShaliFloor TC 2HBE by brush or roller to the required thickness on the dried primer.
- ShaliFloor TC 2HBE is a high build coating. It is advisable to apply two coats at right angles to each other. This way the second coat will cover any blemishes of the first coat. Allow first coat to become tack free before the second coat is applied. (Generally second coat is applied after overnight curing of first coat.)
- Do not apply ShaliFloor TC 2HBE on surfaces known to, or likely to, suffer from rising dampness, potential osmosis problems or having relative humidity greater than 75 %.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor TC 2HBE to asphalt, weak or infirm concrete, unmodified sand / cement screeds, PVC tiles or sheets, or substrates known to move substantially e.g. steel walkways.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor TC 2HBE at temperature < 10 OC or > 45 OC.
- In common with all epoxy materials some light shade changes may be experienced over the long term when placed in adverse exposure conditions. Any such change in shade is not regarded as being detrimental to performance.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with xylene. Do not allow material to harden.
- Service life of a floor will be considerably extended by good housekeeping. Regular cleaning may be carried out using a rotary scrubbing machine with a warm miscible cleaning agent at temperature up to 50 OC.
Health & Safety
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 4 kg units packed in 16 kg cartons
Store in a cool dry place, under shade, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.