ShaliFloor TC 2 LB SB
2K Solvent Based Low Build Epoxy Coating For Floor / Wall
ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB (Formerly known as ShaliPoxy WC LB) is a solvent based coating for vertical application on walls. The cured surface is hard and gives smooth finish. It is joint-less and hence will not support bacterial growth. It resists abrasion and can easily be cleaned.
|Pot life @ 30 OC, hrs||4||Time between coats, hrs||8 – 12|
|Adhesion to concrete||Excellent||Tack Free time, hrs||4 – 6|
|Water absorption||Nil||DFT||100 microns|
|Curing Time· Touch Dry
· Full Cure
|4 – 5 hrs
|Theoretical Coverage. Gmsm2 *||150 in two coats|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Area requiring hygienic monolithic walls like pharmaceutical Industries, operation theatres & corridors in hospitals and nursing homes, laboratories, bottling plants, dairies & breweries, fermentation floors in tea garden, food processing – fisheries, meat processing, pickles etc.
- Walls in nuclear plants, computer and control panel rooms
- Walls in industries mainly aerospace / airport hangers / electric and electronic Industries / picture tube manufacturing plants / textile mills / portable water and food storage.
- Walls in automobile workshops
- Prevents bacterial growth besides being easy to clean.
- Provides smooth monolithic surface when used on metallic surface and simultaneously prevents corrosion.
- ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB should be applied only if the moisture content of the substrate is below 5% when applied over concrete, the surface must be sound, free from dust, lime, laitance and other contaminants.
- Any cracks, or any other surface defects should be treated with epoxy putty.
- Surface must be prepared by mechanical abrasion.
- For best bond, concrete surface must be slightly textured.
- Remove oil and grease by washing with liquid detergent followed by acid wash or by burning.
- Allow the wall to dry before priming.
- Remove old painting using surface grinder.
- Well prepared surface should be primed by brush or roller using ShaliPrime 2E at a rate of 150 grm/m2.
- Allow the primer to dry for 6 to 8 hours or till it is dry.
- Stir the Component A and Component B separately. If settling is observed in the Component A, loosen the settled material with the help of hand stirrer followed by power driven stirrer for quick homogenous mixing. Mix hardener gradually into the base under continuous stirring.
- After mixing, apply ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB by brush or roller to the required thickness on the dried primer.
- ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB is advisable to apply two coats at right angles to each other. This way the second coat will cover any blemishes of the first coat. Allow first coat to become tack free before the second coat is applied. (Generally second coat is applied after overnight curing of first coat.)
- Do not apply ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB on surfaces known to, or likely to, suffer from rising dampness, potential osmosis problems or having relative humidity greater than 75 %.
- Do not apply ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB to asphalt, weak or infirm concrete, unmodified sand / cement screeds, PVC tiles or sheets, or substrates known to move substantially e.g. steel walkways.
- Do not install ShaliFloor TC 2LB SB at temperature < 10 OC or > 45 OC.
- In common with all epoxy materials some light shade changes may be experienced over the long term when placed in adverse exposure conditions. Any such change in shade is not regarded as being detrimental to performance.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with xylene. Do not allow material to harden.
Health & Safety
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 3 kg units packed in 15 kg carton.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
6 months in original unopened sealed condition.