ShaliFloor TC 2 PU
2K Aliphatic Polyurethane UV Resistant Top Coat
ShaliFloor TC 2PU (Formerly known as ShaliUrethane TC) is two component, liquid aliphatic polyurethane based UV and weather resistant coating. It is ideal protective coating for exposed surfaces as it provides excellent weather resistance and light stability. ShaliFloor TC 2PU films are hard, tough but flexible and display good solvent and gasoline resistance. ShaliFloor TC 2PU is available in various colours.
|Pot Life, 30 OC||5 hrs||Adhesion to Steel & Concrete||Excellent|
|Application Temp, OC||10 – 40||Theoretical Coverage, m2/L *||6 to 8 @ 75 microns|
|Drying time @30 OC· Surface Dry
· Hard Dry
· Full Cure
|Dry Film Thickness / coat, microns||60 – 75|
|Recoating Time, hrs· Minimum
|Impact resistance,(kg cm)||≥100||Hardness, sec. (Pendulum Hardness after 7 days curing)||195|
|Abrasion resistance||~ 40 mg||Flexibility (Conical Mandrel),mm||≤1|
|Weathering resistance (QUV)||1000 hrs||Temperature Resistance, OC||Up to 120|
|Flash Point, OC· Base
|Volume Solids||50 – 60 %|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- On shore and off shore industries.
- Power Plants
- Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical complexes
- Cement and steel plants, Transportation Industries
- Infrastructure projects
- Chemical plants.
- UV and weather resistance.
- Better adhesion and flexibility
- Mild Chemical resistance.
- Clean surface by oil free compressed air, sandblasting, wire brushes or other mechanical means to ensure removal of all rust, oil, grease, dirt, or any other loose particle prior to application of primer.
- ShaliFloor TC 2PU being a Top coat, is applied over suitable anticorrosive primer or intermediate coats. Aged coatings coating should be roughened by emery paper grade 400 / 600 for better bonding.
- Apply only on dry surfaces.
- Stir the Component A and Component B separately. If settling is observed in the Component A, loosen the settled material with the help of hand stirrer followed by power driven stirrer for quick homogenous mixing. Mix hardener gradually into the base under continuous stirring.
- Apply mixed homogenous mix by brush, roller, conventional or airless spray. Use suitable compatible thinner to get the desired workability. Volume of thinner generally required varies from 5 – 15 % depending upon the method of application i.e. brush, roller, conventional spray or airless spray.
|Conventional Spray Application||Airless Spray Application|
|Thinner, %||5 – 15||5 Max|
|Nozzle Orifice, mm||1.2 – 1.4||0.28|
|Nozzle Pressure, Psi||40 – 70||1400 – 1800|
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools immediately after use with xylene. Do not allow material to harden.
Health & Safety
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 5 L units consist of component A and B.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed conditions.