ShaliGrout EP P
Three Component Epoxy Grout For Vibratory / Heavy Equipment Bases
ShaliGrout EP P (Formerly known as E3-HP) is a high performance epoxy grout designed for free flow grouting material for use in situations where heavy dynamic and mobile loads are encountered. ShaliGrout EP P is characterized by low shrinkage, high bearing surface, low creep and excellent flow-ability and is the choice for the toughest and most demanding epoxy installations where bond to existing foundation and machinery is critical. It meets the requirements of ASTM C 307, Type I, Grade II, Class A. and meets the thermal compatibility with concrete requirements of ASTM C 884.
|Compressive Strength 50 mm cube, kg/Cm2
|Flexural Strength, 7 days, kg/Cm2,||280|
|Tensile Strength, 28 days, kg/Cm2||150|
|Consumption Yield kg/Cm3||1950|
|Linear Shrinkage||Negligible||Gel Time, 30 OC, Minutes||45 – 60|
|Impact Resistance||Greater than concrete or cementitious grout||Bond to Concrete||Exceeds tensile and shear strength of concrete|
|Chemical Resistance||Resist most Chemicals||Abrasion Resistance||Greater than concrete|
- Pump compressors and fans.
- Deep fill machine bases.
- All high strength applications including crane rails.
- Tanks, turbines and housings.
- Large anchor bolts and keyways
- Quick re-grouts and start-ups.
- Fast setting / quick return to service
- High chemical resistance
- Excellent bearing
- Excellent bond foundation to base plate
- Stable in deep or thick sections.
- Ensure that the new concrete is minimum of 28 days old, clean, sound, rough and is free from any oil, dirt, debris, paint, unsound concrete or other contaminants.
- Prepare the surface mechanically by a scrubber, bush hammer, shot-blast or scarifier, which will give surface profile of a minimum 3 mm and expose the coarse aggregate of the concrete.
- As a precautionary measure, remove all residues with a vacuum cleaner or pressure washing.
- Acid etching is acceptable only when mechanical preparation is impractical. It is recommended that only contractors experienced in the acid etching process use this means of surface preparation. Pressure wash away thoroughly salts of the reaction. Allow the concrete to dry completely.
Note: Even with proper procedures, an acid etched surface may not provide a strong a bond as mechanical preparation procedures . All concrete must possess an open surface texture with all curing compounds and sealers removed.
- Anchor bolts holes and blockouts should be cleaned of all dust, dirt and debris and allowed to dry. If sides are smooth, roughen holes preferably with rotary brush hammer, otherwise with a stiff bristle wire brush
- Mix Comp B (hardener) into Comp A (resin) (not the reverse) thoroughly for 2 minutes by using a drill mixer till a homogeneous mix is obtained. Then add component C (aggregate) slowly, ensuring complete dispersion. After all of component C has been added, mix for a minimum of 2 to 3 minutes until the aggregate is completely wetted out.
- When grouting base-plate, pour grout into the head box and allow to flow under the plate. Straps pre-placed under the plate will aid in working the grout across. Grout should be placed at minimum of 25 mm thick and a maximum of 150 mm per lift when placed in a large mass.
- Bring all ShaliGrout EP P materials as well as foundation and base-plate as close to room temperature as possible. Cold temperatures will significantly reduce flow characteristics and will enhance difficulty of base-plate grouting. Higher temperatures will increase initial flow but cut down on working time.
- ShaliGrout EP P requires no special curing procedures.
- Pour the mixed material in anchor holes / block-outs and spread it through funnel or directly if space permits. To prevent grouts from leaking out, use wooden or MS shuttering material with a polythene sheets or coating of ShaliSlip.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Tools and mixer may be cleaned with solvents like Xylene or Toluene.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 16 kg pack.
Store in cool dry place, under the shed, away from heat.
9 months in original unopened sealed conditions.