Heavy Creosote Oil
ShaliHCO® is a black / brown oily liquid with an aromatic odor. ShaliHCO® is a distillate of coal tar and is produced by high temperature carbonization of bituminous coal. ShaliHCO® is heavier than water. ShaliHCO® is miscible with alcohol, ether, volatile oils, and in solutions of alkali hydroxides. ShaliHCO® is soluble in dimethyl sulphate and practically insoluble in water. Its constituents are liquid and solid aromatic hydrocarbons, tar acids, and tar bases.
It conforms to IS :218.
- Carbon Black Feed Stock (CBFS).
- Solvent in paints and coatings.
- Fuel oil, particularly for metallurgical furnaces & boilers at ambient temperature above 21 OC.
- Wood preservative in railroad ties, railway wooden sleepers, poles, Fence posts, marine pilings and other outdoor applications.
- Dye Intermediate.
- Lublicant for die moulds.
- External antiseptic, disinfectant.
- Fungicide, insecticide repellent.
- Easy to apply.
- Free flowing liquid/
- All sawing, cutting, framing and shaping should be done before immersing the timber.
- Apply ShaliHCO® generously in 2 / 3 coats at minimum 12 hr intervals.
- First immersed timber in a tank of solution heated up to 65 OC for 1-2 hr. Then transfer to a tank of cold solution.
- This treatment can also be done in the reverse order.
- Impregnated timber with 5 L or more of ShaliHCO® solution / cft.
Health & Safety
- The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
- In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- It is inflammable.
Available in 20 L 200 L Drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, under the shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.