ShaliKote AC WB
Water Based Protective-cum-Anti Carbonation Coating
ShaliKote AC WB is a high build elastomeric, micro porous coating, which facilitates long term protection and decoration of concrete and masonry surfaces. ShaliKote AC WB gives an extremely tough coating, which allows substrate to breathe. ShaliKote AC WB may give textured finish.
|pH||9 -11||Binders||Pure Acrylate|
|Thinning Agent||Water||Density, grm / cc||1.35 approx|
|Co2 resistant equivalent air layer thickness||123m @ 160 µ||Water absorption according to DIN 52617||w < 0.2 kg / m2 hr|
|Water Vapour Permeability, 24 hrs||0.02 mg||Theoretical Coverage m2 / L / Coat *||6 – 7|
|Resistant to weather||Very Good||Co2 diffusion coefficient||6.4 x 105|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Bridge abutments.
- External concrete surface of storage tank and masonry surface.
- Multistoried building and villas.
- High external tough UV resistant coating like on pipe protection enamel. Concrete cladding.
- Water based, non-toxic, environment friendly green product.
- High build elastomeric, micro porous coating.
- Excellent resistance to carbon dioxide, air-borne / water-borne chloride.
- Excellent crack bridging properties and weathering resistance.
- Protective / decorative coating, which allows structure to breathe.
- Remove dust, flakes, oil, grease or other loose foreign particles by sand blasting, iron brush or compressed air.
- Remove oil and, grease, chemical contaminants and extraneous matter.
- Ensure that the substrate is sound, clean and free from dust and all loose or flaking material. Fill all holes and deep cracks with a suitable filler.
- Ensure that no trace of mould or algae remains and that area is treated with a suitable anti-fungicide or bleach solution.
- In case of new cementitious substrate, ensure that the substrate is fully cured for atleast 14 days.
- Stir drums thoroughly for uniformity. For best result, use a variable speed drill mixer with a spiral type blade at the bottom of stirrer r The speed may be 400-600 rpm
- Dilute ShaliKote AC WB by adding 10% clean water by volume and prime old, absorbent and weathered surface..On non porous surfaces, apply ShaliKote AC WB Prime all metal substrates with ShaliPrime Zn Ph / ShaliPrime 2E.
- Apply ShaliKote AC WB evenly at temperatures between 3 OC and 30 OC with roller, brush or airless spray. Use two coat systems on dark, absorbent and heavily textured surfaces and when full carbonation protection is required. Porous, rough and irregular surfaces will reduce coverage rates
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean all tools immediately after use with water.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 10 L and 20 Ldrums.
Store in a cool dry place at temperatures between 5 OC and 30 OC, under shade, away from heat
1 year in original unopened sealed condition.