Heavy Duty Anti-Corrosive Bituminous Paint
ShaliKote BT is a heavy duty bituminous corrosion resistant coating which gives a smooth black glossy finish. The coating shall not impart any taste or odour to water, and it is non toxic. It shall afford a highly durable protective coating to prevent corrosion or rust on MS / concrete surfaces against air, moisture & sea water.
For aesthetics, ShaliCryl 215 may be applied over touch dry ShaliKote BT coating for additional protection as well as finish in any desired colour
|Drying Time, Max
– Surface Dry
– Hard Dry
|Consistency||Smooth, uniform Brushable and and sparyable|
|Finish||Smooth ,glossy and black||DFT, Micron||70– 100|
|Viscosity @ 30 OC, B 4 cup||120 – 180 sec||Colour||Black|
|Volatile content, % by weight||27- 35||Solid content||67-72 %|
|Theoretical Coverage, L/m2||3 – 5||Specific Gravity||1.1 – 1.3|
- External surfaces of steel pipes
- External surface of any MS steel structure.
- External concrete surface
- Easy application by brush / spray gun. It dries rapidly leaving black glossy finish.
- Resistant to water, acids / alkalis and natural salts.
- Does not crack due to weathering, expansion or contraction.
- Give highly durable protective air-tight coating to prevent corrosion or rust on iron and steel / concrete surfaces against air, moisture, sea water.
- Clean base metal / concrete surface thoroughly by sand blasting or otherwise. Before application, ensure that surface is dry and free from moisture, oil, grease, mill scale or rust.
- Apply ShaliTex® Primer on cleaned and prepared dry metallic / concrete or other porous surface and allow it to dry hard before ShaliKote BT is applied.
- Stir ShaliKote BT thoroughly to achieve homogenous mix by a mechanical drill.
- Apply ShaliKote BT on dried and primed surface by brush or spray gun.
- Two coats of ShaliKote BT are recommended for concrete and three coats for metallic surfaces.
- For aesthetics, apply ShaliCryl 215 over touch dry ShaliKote BT coating for additional protection as well as finish in any desired colour.
Health & Safety
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 20 kg and 200 kg container.
Keep in cool and dry place, under the shed, away from heat.