Coal Tar Based Solvent Free Protective Coating
ShaliKote CT is an excellent coal tar based, anti-corrosive, solvent free protective coating material, recommended where a better surface finish is desired. It has excellent adhesion, waterproofing and resistance against sea-water, oil and various chemicals. It is better than petroleum asphalt tar.
|Colour||Black||Consistency||Smooth and Uniform|
|Water Content, %, Max||0.5||Density at 20 OC, gm/cc||1.175 – 1.195|
|Toluene Insoluble, %||8-12||Viscosity at 20 OC||20 – 50 Poise|
– 270-300 OC
|Flash Point, OC||>100|
|Ash, %, max||0.25|
|Phenol Content, %, max||1% max.|
- Anti-Corrosive coating for steel / concrete structures, specially for-
- Ships / MS structure
- Graphite / Aluminum / refractory industries.
- Wood preservatives
- Excellent protection
- Smooth finish for better appearance
- Easy to Apply
- Remove dust, flakes, oil, grease or other loose foreign particles by sand blasting, iron brush or compressed air.
- Ensure that surface is dry and free from moisture.
- Stir ShaliKote CT thoroughly to achieve homogenous mix. For best result, use a variable speed drill mixer with a spiral type blade at the bottom of stirrer rod. The speed may be 400-600 rpm.
- Place the spiral blade at the bottom of the container before starting the mixer. This will help avoiding inducting air into the mass. Slowly move the stirrer head up to the surface while stirring. Do not remove the blade while still it is spinning. Continue the procedure for 5 minutes to have a homogeneous mix.
- Apply ShaliKote CT on dried and primed surface by brush or spray gun.
- For best results, apply two coats of ShaliKote CT by brush, roller or spray. Apply 2nd coat while the 1st coat is still tacky.
Health & Safety
• ShaliKote CT is hazardous.
• Use mask and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in tanker and 200 L drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, in air tight container, under the shed, away from heat.