Economic Elastomeric Asphalt Emulsion Liquid Membrane
ShaliKote® LM is an elastomeric, liquid applied, emulsified asphalt membrane designed for waterproofing sunken floors, balconies and chajjas.
- Water proofing of sunken, balconies and chajjas.
- Facade damp proofing.
- Water based product, cleaner technology, non toxic.
- Easy to apply by brush and roller.
- Cold applied material.
- Excellent impermeability.
- Good flexibility and does not crack on aging.
- Seamless elastomeric membrane.
- Can be applied in damp surface
- Remove dust, flakes, or other foreign particles by jet of air and clean the surface mechanically or by grinding to make it smooth before application.
- Prime the surface with the mixture of ShaliKote® LM and water in 50:50 ratios. Slightly damp surface will help coating.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Apply ShaliKote® LM by brush / roller on primed surface @ 1.0 kg / m2 as first coat.
- Spread non-woven ShaliGeoText of 50 gsm polyester base mesh fiber cloth over the first coat of ShaliKote® LM when the surface is tacky with an overlap of 50 mm on both directions.
- Allow the first coat to dry with the reinforcement spread as above.
- Apply second coat of ShaliKote® LM @ 1.0 kg / m2 or as required to get thickness of 1.2 – 1.5 mm.
- Conduct pond testing after 3 days of curing of second coat of ShaliKote® LM.
- For trafficable area, protect ShaliKote® LM with screed / tiles / china mosaic with a separation layer of ShaliGeoText of 120 -150 gsm. For screed finish, ShaliPolyFibre @ 600 gm / m3 and ShaliPlast LW+ / STP No 1 (Liquid) @ 200 ml / bag of cement may be used to improve the resistance to crack formation and impact resistance.
- For non-trafficable area, top coat with SuperSilverShield / ShaliCryl 215 for UV protection and aesthetics.
- Coverage shall depend on application and surface finish of substrate.
Health & Safety
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapor.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of eye contact, wash immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 kg and 200 kg pack.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.