ShaliKote PU CT
Two Component Coal Tar Pitch Based Polyurethane System
ShaliKote PU CT is a two component polyurethane system with special coal tar pitch as one of the ingredient. It is used as anticorrosive coating for steel pipelines, structures and other steel and concrete surfaces where salt corrosion is severe.
|Colour||Black / Tan / Light grey||Mixing Ratio||3 : 1 by volume|
|Pot life||Half an hour, depending upon the climatic condition and mass of the mix||Theoretical Coverage||3 m2/L with properly cleaned surface|
|DFT||100 micron in one coat||Coating interval||50 minutes minimum, 24 hr maximum|
|Drying Time, minutes
– Surface Dry
– Hard Dry
|Finish||Glossy to bright mat|
|Hardness- Shore A||> 90|
|Adhesion to steel||Excellent|
|Adhesion to concrete||Surface failure|
- Structures in marine atmosphere
- UV resistance top coat over epoxy system
- Excellent UV resistance.
- Excellent adhesion on epoxy / steel / concrete surfaces
- Surface should be cleaned by metal brush or shot blasting
- Remove rust, oil and contamination of foreign material.
- Apply with brush or spray. For spray application plural spray system is suggested.
- Both the components should be stirred separately with hand drill type stirrer before mixing.
- Allow 5 minutes before application to subside any air bubbles
Health & Safety
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with ketonic solvents followed by warm soap water after application
Available in 20 L unit pack.
Keep in cool and dry place under shed away from heat.