Non-Shrink Fast Setting Hydraulic Cementitious Product
Shalimar Dam-it is fast setting, hydraulic cement product formulated to stop leaks in concrete and masonry surfaces. It is particularly effective for stopping the flow of running water. Shalimar Dam-it is ready to use and requires only the addition of water before plugging and sealing cracks.
|Physical Appearance||Cementitious grey powder||Compressive strength, Kg / Cm2
|Mixing ratio of water||0.18|
- Basement repairs
- Manhole repairs
- Concrete pipe and bell repairs
- Anchoring bolts and hand rail setting
- Plugs wet cracks in concrete and masonry surfaces to seal out water.
- Stops water seepage at floor and wall junctions.
- Stops running water, reducing damage.
- Expands as it sets for a water tight repair.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and rough. Remove all oil, dirt, debris, paint and unsound concrete.
- Prepare surface mechanically by using a scabbler or wire brush.
- Use vacuum cleaner or pressure washing to ensure thorough cleaning and removal of all residue.
- Shalimar Dam-it does not requires any special bonding procedures.
- Ensure the temperature ranges between 16 OC – 32 O
- Add Shalimar Dam-it in appropriate amount of water for the batch size
- Mix with a drill and “jiffy” mixer for about a minute.
- Place the mix immediately on the leaking concrete / masonry surface.
- In case of cracks, widen out and clean cracks to at least 15 mm x 15 mm deep, apply Shalimar Dam-it to plug the prepared crack with a pointing trowel and slick off the surface. Prepare a cove at the junction. If more time is desired when preparing the cove, mix the Shalimar Dam-it with ice water.
- In case of running water, Dam up running water. Prepare all cracks properly and, if possible, relieve excess hydrostatic pressure by drilling a relief hole or by chiseling out the crack at its very lowest point. Mix an adequate quantity of Shalimar Dam-it. After mixing, immediately place the plug of Shalimar Dam-it in your hand and hold it until it suddenly begins to get warm. This will take 2 –3 minutes from the start of mixing. At this point, speed in working is essential. Force the Shalimar Dam-It plug into the hole or crack which is to be sealed off. Start filling cracks or holes at the top. To close the final opening and seal off a stream of water, make sure the Shalimar Dam-it plug is starting to warm up. At that moment force into the hole and exert pressure either with your hand or trowel for a full 5 minutes or longer to assure setting of the plug. In some cases where thewater is extremely cool, it mat be necessary to hold the plug in place for a little longer.
- In case of Bolt and Hand Rail Anchoring, use a star drill to make a hole approximately 1 – ½”(38 mm) larger than the anchor. Mix enough Shalimar Dam-it to fill the area and pour and tamp it into place around the anchor.
- Finish Shalimar Dam-it to the desired texture to match the surrounding concrete. Do not
- add additional water to the surface during the finishing operation. Use ShaliCem AWP as final waterproofing coating for additional protection against water seepage and to improve the appearance and uniformity of the repair area.
- Shalimar Dam-it requires no special curing procedures.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean tools and equipment with water before the material hardens
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves and mask during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 1 kg and 25 kg Pack.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.