Thermoplastic Road Marking Paint
ShaliMark® is a hot applied thermoplastic road marking paint. It is a petroleum resin based thermoplastic material, which offers superior weathering resistance and colour stability. The pre-mix and drop-on glass beads ensure long lasting retro-reflectivity. ShaliMark® is easy to melt and can be applied on both asphalt and concrete surface. It has excellent wear resistance to ensure long life of the marking.
- Applicable on bitumen and concrete pavement with screed / spray type applicator.
- Applicable on Zebra Crossing, path dividers, speed breakers and other such road markings.
- Outstanding visibility.
- High durability.
- Excellent adhesion.
- High skid resistance.
- Product Stability.
- Superior color brilliance.
- Fast drying properties.
- Environment friendly.
- Cost effective.
- Remove dust, flakes, lime, distempers, oil / grease or other foreign particles by jet or dry air and clean the surface. Minimize dusting of the material during use.
- Ensure that surface is sound, firm, bone dry.
- Apply ShaliPrime SM in case of concrete roads.
- Add one bag of ShaliMark in pre-heater and allow it to melt.
- Keep on adding ShaliMark one bag at a time and allow it to melt before adding another bag, depending upon the capacity of pre-heater.
- Do not allow temperature to rise beyond 210 OC. Ideally melt ShaliMark® between 180 – 210 OC.
- Offload the hot melted ShaliMark® in application unit and keep on stirring it with in-built stirrer of application unit.
- Mark reference line on surface with nylon rope and chalk prior to application.
- Apply melted ShaliMark® within the reference lines by the application unit.
- Type II Drop – On glass beads (BS 6088) shall be dispensed from the in-built dispenser of application unit @ 250- 300 grm/m2 simultaneously.
- Finish lines shall be true to level, uniform and free from streaks.
- If the application can not be done using application unit, approved manual method shall be adopted.
- Proper safety measures shall be taken to ensure smooth progress of work.
Health & Safety
- Minimize dusting of ShaliMark® during use.
- Use goggles, mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
- Clothing while handling the material is recommended.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
- Do not inhale ShaliMark® or fumes, do not ingest.
- Avoid eye contact, if contacted, wash copiously with water.
- Contact of molten product with skin would lead to thermal burns, flush with cold water, do not remove material as it would lead to severe tissue damage.
Available in 25 kg HDPE bag.
Keep in cool dry place, in air tight place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.