Two Component Anti-Corrosive Polyamide Epoxy Based Coating
ShaliMastic®-EHD is two component thermo-setting anti-corrosive Epoxy polyamide coating based on specially processed coal tar pitch. Once applied, it cures to form a hard, heavy barrier against effects of soil stresses, abrasion, chemical and fungal attacks and other corrosive agents. It is a High-build, polyamide cured Coal Tar Epoxy.
|Adhesive Strength||80 – 95 kg/cm²||Usable Temperature||Up to 75 OC|
|Pot Life, 25 OC||1 hr.||Hardness (Shore D)||60 – 70|
|Compressive Strength||450 – 600 kg / Cm²||Thickness of coating, DFT||350 – 400 micron in two email@example.com m2/kg|
- Applicable over metal, concrete, asbestos, cement and non-metallic surfaces.
- Chemical Works
- Plating shops
- Marine and Port Installations
- Sewage works
- Penstocks, underground pipelines
- Resistant to fats, oils and solvents, better than ShaliMastic HD.
- Forms harder coat than ShaliMastic HD.
- Does not flow under heat.
- Resistant to acids, alkalis, salts and detergents.
- Environment friendly product, 100 % solid, no volatile organic compound.
- ShaliMastic®-EHD has an edge over conventional epoxy resin based paints in areas of moisture related corrosion as it contains coal tar based material.
- Make surface free from rust, mill scale, foreign particles, grease and other oily substances. For effective cleaning, sand blasting is recommended.
- Surface should be dried thoroughly before application.
- Preferably apply diluted ShaliMastic LB in the ratio of 4 : 1 as primer and allow it to dry completely.
- Should be applied using a stiff brush, uniformly and liberally with alternate strokes at right angles to each other, till the tendency to flow ceases
- ShaliMastic®-EHD is a two component system. Component I is light yellow (Almost transparent) while component II is black in colour. Components I & II are mixed thoroughly in the proportion 4:1.
- Complete application within one hour of mixing at 25 OC.
- Minimum of two coats are recommended. Under severe corrosive conditions, 3 coats should be applied. Interval between 2 coats should be 8-12 hours under dry atmospheric conditions. ShaliMastic®-EHD becomes hard dry in 48 hours. Full curing takes 7-8 days.
- Apply approx 3.5 m2/kg on metal surface, whereas approx 2 m2/kg. on concrete surface.
- Dry coat thickness is about 175 microns per coat (metal surfaces) and about 150 microns per coat (concrete surfaces).
Health & Safety
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 20 L Packing (Component I – 16 L. + Component II – 4 L)
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.