ShaliPlast® LW++ CI
Corrosion Inhibitor For Reinforcement Cement Concrete
ShaliPlast® LW++ CI is corrosion inhibitor, which protects steel bars imbedded in concrete through formation of protection layer around bars formed by migratory corrosion inhibitor.
ShaliPlast® LW++ CI may be used in construction with any admixture being used at site.
Specific Gravity @ 25 OC
1.05 – 1.08
7 – 9
- Used for concrete in contact with chlorides from a marine environment.
- Effective in parking structures.
- Marine structures.
- Deicing salts.
- Corrosion protection for embedded reinforcing steel, especially from chloride attack.
- Extends the service life of structures in a de-icing salt and marine environment.
Add ShaliPlast® LW++ CI to the dosing water or added with it in to the concrete mixer. It should not come into contact with dry cement. It may also be added to the concrete in the transit mixer at the point of discharge.
ShaliPlast® LW++ CI is compatible with other admixture, however each admixture should be added to the mix separately.
When ShaliPlast® LW++ CI is used with an air entraining agent then the dosage rate of air entraining agent should be reduced. ShaliPlast® LW++ CI may react with the air entraining agent increasing its air producing efficiency.
Compatible with all types of Portland cement including SRC (Sulphate Resistance Cement) and not compatible with high alumina cement.
0.4 – 2 % by weight of cement (depending upon the depth of the rebar, concrete quality. If ShaliPlast LW++ CI is to be added on cured concrete dose is minimum 1.8%). Do not allow over dosing. Due to overdosing setting time will be extended rigorously. It is advisable to carry out a trial to establish the exact & optimal dosage rate depending upon set retardation required.
Health & Safety
- Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
- In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 L and 200 L drums.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
18 months in original unopened condition.