Set Retarding Admixture
ShaliPlast R (formerly known as ShaliCon Retarder) is a set retarding admixture for concrete. It provides increased working time, better workability, higher durability, reduced shrinkage and permeability.
ShaliPlast R conforms to specification prescribed in IS 9103 & ASTM C – 494 Type B
|Colour||Amber Brown||Specific Gravity||1.13 – 1.19|
|pH||7 – 8||Chloride Content||Nil|
- Structural concrete
- Bridge decks
- Warm weather applications
- Lightweight concrete
- Highway concrete
- Mass concrete
- Provides easier handling and finishing.
- Elimination of cold joints between subsequent pours in mass or structural concrete.
- Chloride Free.
- Aids in placing bridge deck concrete where it is desirable to stress the entire section prior to the concrete achieving initial set.
- Provides increased durability.
- Reduces shrinkage and permeability
- Long lasting control of slump loss at high concrete temperature.
- Enable transport of concrete to distant places.
- Add ShaliPlast R to the dosing water. It should not come into contact with dry cement.
- Charge all concrete material in the proper order into the mixer with about 70 % of the mixing water and mix for the three minutes. Add rest quantity of water with admixture to obtain the required slump and mix for three addition minutes.
0.2 –1.5 % by weight of cement. Do not allow over dosing. Due to overdosing setting time will be extended rigorously. It is advisable to carry out a trial to establish the exact & optimal dosage rate depending upon set retardation required.
Health & Safety
- ShaliPlast R is non-toxic.
- Any splashes on the skin should be washed immediately with water.
- Splashes on the eyes should be washed immediately with water and seek medical advice.
Available in 20 kg & 200 kg container.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
9 months in original unopened condition.