ShaliPlast Shotcrete P
Powder Set accelerating and Shotcreting Admixture
ShaliPlast Shotcrete P (formerly known as Shali SR- SC (P) is a chloride free ready to use accelerator to be generally used as a quick setting and waterproofing compound for dry Gunite mixes. ShaliPlast Shotcrete P enables spraying of concrete or mortar even on a wet surface, allows overhead spraying and reduces rebound. ShaliPlast Shotcrete P is ecofriendly.
ShaliPlast Shotcrete P conforms to specification prescribed in ASTM C – 1141 Type II Grade I Class B.
|Colour||White Powder||Setting Time, minutes
||.3 – 410 – 12|
|Type||Inorganic Substance||Chloride Content||Nil|
|pH||10 – 11|
|Sensitivity to moisture||Hygroscopic|
- Tunnels & mining
- Parking decks
- Bridges structures
- Pier and dock supports
- Marine environments
- Retaining walls
- Guniting projects
- Low rebound for shotcrete applications.
- Helps protect rebar from corrosion
- Low shrinkage properties
- Quick setting properties
- Easy overhead guniting
- Improved water tightness & reduced permeability.
- In case of surface preparation, concrete to be shotcreted must be clean and rough. All oil, dirt, debris, paint and unsound concrete must be removed. The surface must be prepared mechanically using a bush hammer, sandblaster or jackhammer which will give a surface profile of a minimum 1/8” (3mm) and expose the coarse aggregate of the concrete. The final step in cleaning should be the complete removal of all residue with a vacuum cleaner or pressure washing.
- No bond coat is required for this product.
- In case of application Set up wet shotcreting equipment in an area convenient to the placement site. Mix ShaliPlast Shotcrete P to the liquid & charge directly to the gun near the tip of the shotcreting nozzle. Skilled nozzle operation and thorough mixing within the concrete are essential. The concrete workability must be adjusted to suit the spray equipment, its capacity, temperature and other local conditions.
For layer thickness of upto about 15cm in one go, dosage is between 3% & 8% by weight of Cement. Actual dosage is to be finalised on the basis of site trials.
- In adverse temperatures, follow ACI recommendations for hot/cold weather concreting practices.
- Setting time and hardening of cement paste varies with dose of ShaliPlast Shotcrete L with different quality as well as quantity of cement.
- Minimum application thickness 1.3 mm
- For optimum results, condition material to 18 – 29 OC
- Store product in dry place.
- Clean tools and equipment with water before the material hardens.
Health & Safety
- ShaliPlast Shotcrete P is non-toxic.
- Any splashes on the skin should be washed immediately with water.
- Splashes on the eyes should be washed immediately with water and seek medical advice.
Available in 25 kg bag.
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat.
9 months in original unopened condition.