High Range Water Reducing Cum Retarding Additive
ShaliPlast® SP (formerly known as ShaliCon 537) is a high range admixture, being additives for cement, mortars or concrete, for water-reducing formulated specifically to extend the working time of concrete. It is based on Naphthalene Formaldehyde.
It conforms to specification prescribed in IS 9103 & ASTM C 494, Type G.
|Colour||Amber brown||Specific Gravity||1.20 ± 0.03|
|pH||7 – 8||Chloride Content||Nil|
- High performance concrete.
- Ready mix concrete.
- Flowing concrete.
- Heavily reinforced concrete.
- Pumpable concrete.
- Concrete for precast slabs.
- Produces Flowing concrete with controlled delay of slumps loss and workability.
- Reduces cracking and permeability of hardened concrete.
- Reduces segregation and bleeding in the plastic concrete.
- Significantly reduces concrete placement time and cost.
- Long time workability retention.
- Enable transport of concrete to distant places
- Add ShaliPlast SP to the dosing water. It should not come into contact with dry cement.
- Charge all concrete material in the proper order into the mixer with about 70 % of the mixing water and mix for the three minutes. Add rest quantity of water with admixture to obtain the required slump and mix for three addition minutes.
- Forms for walls or narrow sections must be watertight, strong and must have good bracing.
- During the “Flowing period” the concrete will exert a higher pressure at the base of the form than conventional concrete. Form work for slabs is the same as for conventional concrete.
- Compatible with all types of Portland cement including SRC (Sulphate Resistance Cement) and not compatible with high alumina cement.
0.5 – 2 % by weight of cement. Do not allow over dosing. Due to overdose bleeding or increase in setting time will happen. It is advisable to carry out a trial to establish the exact & optimal dosage rate depending upon set retardation required.
Health & Safety
- ShaliPlast SP is non-toxic.
- Any splashes on the skin should be washed immediately with water.
- Splashes on the eyes should be washed immediately with water and seek medical advice.
Available in 20 kg & 200 kg drum.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
9 months in original sealed condition.