ShaliPlast SP PQC
Chloride Free Superplasticiser for Pavement Quality Concrete
ShaliPlast SP PQC is based on Sulphonated Napthalene Polymers and is supplied as a brown liquid instantly dispersible in water. ShaliPlast SP PQC has been specially formulated to give high water reductions upto 25% without loss of workability or to produce high quality concrete of reduced permeability. ShaliPlast SP PQC is specially formulated to meet the requirements of PQC. It conforms to IS:9103:1979 and BS:5075 Part 3 and ASTM-C-494 Type ‘G’ High Range Water Reducing and Retarding Admixture.
|pH @ 27 OC||7.0 – 8.0||Specific gravity @ 27 OC||1.200 ± 0.04|
|Chloride content, %||< 0.05||Air entrainment, %||< 1.5|
- High performance concrete.
- Ready mix concrete.
- Flowing concrete.
- Heavily reinforced concrete.
- Pumpable concrete.
- Concrete for precast slabs
- Improved workability.
- Increased strength.
- Improved quality.
- Higher cohesion.
- Chloride free.
- Add ShaliPlast SP PQC to the dosing water. It should not come in contact with dry cement.
- Charge all concrete material in the proper order into the mixer with about 70 % of the mixing water and mix for appropriate time. Add rest quantity of water with admixture to obtain the required slump and mix for additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Narrow sections must be watertight, strong and must have good bracing.
- During the “Flowing period” the concrete will exert a higher pressure at the base of the form than conventional concrete.
- Compatible with all types of Portland cement including SRC (Sulphate Resistance Cement) and not compatible with high alumina cement.
The optimum dosage is best determined by site trials with the concrete mix which enables the effects of workability, strength gain or cement reduction to be measured. Site trials with ShaliPlast SP PQC should always be compared with mix containing no admixture. As a guide, the rate of addition is generally in the range of 0.6 – 1.5 % by weight of cement. Over dosage may cause Increase in air entrainment, Increase in workability, Retardation of initial and final setting times.
Health & Safety
• ShaliPlast SP PQC is non-toxic.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapor.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, wash immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 250 kg drum.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original sealed condition.