ShaliPoxy CTE A
Epoxy Based Anti-corrosive Coating
ShaliPoxy CTE A is a self priming, two-component Coal Tar Epoxy coating, black in colour, used to protect steel, concrete structures, timber and other construction materials in corrosive environment. It is an excellent abrasion resistant anti-corrosive coating system.
|Colour||Black, Semi-gloss||Application||By brush / roller / airless spray|
|Type||2 component cold cure||Flash Point||50 OC min|
|Curing agent||Amine base||Cure time|
|Solid % by volume||78±5||Non-Immersion, days||3|
|Temperature Resistance OC
|Full cure- days||7|
|Shelf Life, months||12|
|Pot Life, Hrs, 25 OC||1||Mixing ratio||2:1 by volume|
|Drying Time, 30 OC, hrs||4||Re coat time 30 OC, Hrs||4 – 12|
|Chemical Resistance||Excellent||Specific Gravity of the mix, Min||1.4 at 30 OC|
|Usable temperature||Up to 75 OC||Salt Spray||Passes|
|Hardness (Shore D)||60 – 70||Theoretical Coverage m2/L||3-3.5 ,DFT 190-225 micron|
- Tanks, Piping (Concrete, steel)
- Sheet, pipe Piling
- Concrete and Steel surfaces in sewage treatment
- Dams, Barrage gates, Penstocks
- Crude oil storage tanks
- Foundation walls and sumps
- Paper Mills
- Chemical Plants
- Underground Structures
- ShaliPoxy CTE A is manufactured and packed in two separate components in a convenient ratio of 2:1 by volume, eliminating the need of weighment at site during mixing.
- It cures to a hard, smooth surface and possesses exceptional resistance to the effect of water immersion, salt water, oil, acids, alkalies, crude oil, minerals etc.
- The cured ShaliPoxy CTE A coating is flexible and affords excellent resistance to impact, thermal shock and abrasion.
- Prepare the surface by mechanical grinding or other suitable method.
- Remove dust, flakes, oil, grease or other loose foreign particles by sand blasting, iron brush or compressed air to commercial grey metal finish.
- Apply ShaliPrime CTE, if required.
- Stir drums of each component thoroughly for uniformity. Then mix component A and Component B in the ratio of 2 : 1 by volume and stir for homogeneousness. For best result, use a variable speed drill mixer with a spiral type blade at the bottom of stirrer rod. The speed may be 400-600 rpm.
- Place the spiral blade at the bottom of the container before starting the mixer. This will help avoiding inducting air into the mass. Slowly move the stirrer head up to the surface while stirring. Do not remove the blade while still it is spinning. This procedure is continued for 5 minutes up and down to have a homogeneous mixing. Allow the combined mix to sit for an induction time of 20 minutes. Stir again gently with a hand stirrer to ensure uniformity before application.
- For best results, apply two coats of ShaliPoxy CTE A by brush, roller or spray. First coat should be allowed to dry tack free before application of second coat. The second coat should be applied as per technical data. Wipe first coat with MIBK and wipe dry with cloth before second coat or it may also be applied directly. Use ShaliPoxy-CTE thinner for diluting and cleaning purpose.
Health & Safety
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 24 L packing (Component A-16 L + Component B-8 L)
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.