Two Component Anti-Corrosive / Protective Flexible Epoxy Coating
ShaliPoxy® HB is a two component cold cure epoxy polyamide coating to protect steel, concrete structures, timber and other construction materials in corrosive environment. ShaliPoxy® HB has excellent abrasion resistant coating system.
- Metal & Steel structure
- Sheet & pipe piling
- Dams, Barrage gates, Penstocks
- Crude oil storage tanks
- Foundation walls and sumps
- Concrete and Steel surfaces in sewage treatment plant
- Paper Mills
- Chemical Plants
- Underground structures.
- Flexible anti-corrosive / preventive coating for structures – MS or concrete – even where the structure is in continuous contact with water.
- Provides excellent resistance to impact, thermal shock and abrasion..
- Cures to a hard, smooth and flexible surface with excellent resistance to sea / salt water, oil, acids, alkalis, crude oil and minerals.
- Prepare the surface by mechanical grinding or other suitable method.
- Remove dust, flakes, oil, grease or other loose foreign particles by sand blasting, iron brush or compressed air.
- In case of new concrete, ensure the concrete is at least 28 days old.
- Ensure the ambient temperature is not less than 10 OC and not more than40 OC at the time of coating.
- Prime surface with ShaliPrime Zn PH.
- Stir drums of each component thoroughly for uniformity. Then mix component A and component B in the ratio of 3 : 1 by volume and stir for homogeneousness. For best result, use a variable speed drill mixer with a spiral type blade at the bottom of stirrer rod. The speed may be 400-600 rpm.
- Place the spiral blade at the bottom of the container before starting the mixer. This will help avoiding inducting air into the mass. Slowly move the stirrer head up to the surface while stirring. Do not remove the blade while still it is spinning. This procedure is continued for 5 minutes up and down to have a homogeneous mixing. Allow the combined mix to sit for an induction time of 20 minutes. Stir again gently with a hand stirrer to ensure uniformity before application.
- For best results, apply two coats of ShaliPoxy® HB by brush, roller or spray. First coat should be allowed to dry tack free before application of second coat. The second coat should be applied as per technical data. Wipe first coat with MIBK and wipe dry with cloth before second coat if first coatb is dried over 24 hrs or it may also be applied directly. For airless spray, use standard equipment having tip size of 0.48 – 0.88 mm and tip pressure 110 – 160 kg / cm2.
- Clean equipments with STPThinner.
Health & Safety
• Use mask and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 L – 15 L Comp A and 5 L Comp B.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.