Two Component Polyamide Epoxy Intermediate Anti-Corrosive Coat
ShaliPoxy MIO is a two pack polyamide cured coating, pigmented with micaceous iron oxide. ShaliPoxy MIO offers good resistance against abrasion and impact. When cured, ShaliPoxy MIO coating provides an excellent barrier against penetration of water and water vapour. ShaliPoxy MIO can be used as primer or intermediate coat.
|Pot Life, 30 OC, hrs||4 – 6||Dry Film Thickness||75 – 100 microns|
– Minimum, hrs
– Maximum, Days
– Touch dry, hrs
– Full Cure, Days
|4 – 6
|Theoretical Coverage, m2/L *||4.5 – 5.00||Flash Point||> 40 oC|
|Application temperature, OC||> 10 but < 50||Compatibility||Can be top coated with Epoxy, PolyUrethane|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Protection of steel structures in aggressive coastal & industrial atmosphere.
- Ship loaders
- Hoppers, conveyors silos, storage tanks, pipelines and general steel structures in fertilizer plants, refineries, petrochemicals, chemical plants, engineering industries, etc.
- Easy to Apply.
- In case of new steel surface, blast clean to a minimum surface profile not exceeding 65 microns.
- In case of old steel surface, blast clean and if blast cleaning is not practical, use mechanical tools along with manual chipping and wire brushing to remove loose rust. Excessive burnishing of steel is to be avoided. Thoroughly dust down the surfaces. Remove grease, oil and other contaminants preferably by using STP thinner.
- Apply ShaliPoxy MIO on touch dry cleaned and primed steel surface.
- Stir the Comp A and Comp B separately. If settling is observed in the Comp A, loosen the settled material with the help of hand stirrer followed by power driven stirrer for quick homogenous mixing. Mix hardener gradually into the base under continuous stirring.
- Continue mixing till a homogeneous mix is achieved.
- Apply mixed material by brush or roller.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 L Container.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition