ShaliPrime 2 E
Two Component Epoxy Primer for Concrete Surfaces
ShaliPrime 2 E (Formerly known as ShaliPrime Epoxy HB LB) is two component penetrative epoxy based primer is suitable for priming concrete / metal surfaces, including walls, prior to the application of any Epoxy Flooring, Epoxy Coating and Epoxy Repair Mortar
|Adhesion to concrete||Excellent||Pot Life, Minutes
· @ 20 OC
· @ 30 OC
|Theoretical Coverage, m2 / ltr *||6 – 7|
|Flash Point||38 OC|
|Moisture Insensitivity||Very Good||Application Temperature, OC||10 – 40|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Used as primer on concrete / metal surface prior to the application of base coat / floor toppings like ShaliFloor 3 ES, ShaliFix EM, ShaliFloor SLTC 3 PU.
- Applied even on damp surfaces between 8 – 10% moisture.
- Facilitates better bonding. of Epoxy Floor Topping, Epoxy Screed and Epoxy Mortars with the substrate.
- Prevents air release from the porous substrate, which may otherwise cause bubbles in the final epoxy topping later.
- Seals porous surface to give quality finish.
- Ensure thorough surface preparation, preferably by mechanically scarifying, grit / sand blasting, and removing of all laitance, loose particles and contaminants.
- Remove oil / grease etc by acid etching or by burning. Clean the surface of all dust / loose particles. A thorough detergent wash is also recommended followed by thorough cleaning with clean water and mopping it off to a dry state.
- Ensure that there is no rising dampness, infirmity, cracks or unevenness in the surface.
- Ensure that concrete surface is at least 28 days old or have moisture content of less than 5% before proceeding with epoxy application.
- Apply ShaliPrime 2 E on prepared substrate.
- Add the entire contents of the Component B to Component A and mix thoroughly for 3 mins. until homogeneous mix is achieved, using a slow speed drill ( 400 – 500 rpm) fitted with a suitable mixing paddle.
- Once mixed, the primer should be applied immediately in a thin continuous film on the cleaned prepared surface. Avoid excess application / puddling.
- Apply primer onto the surface using a stiff brush or roller.
- On porous surface ShaliPrime 2 E will be absorbed very quickly, leaving characteristic light coloured dry patches. In such cases it is recommended that a second priming coat be applied on these dry areas. This not only helps to ensure good adhesion but also prevents air release from the porous substrate which may cause bubbles in the final epoxy topping later.
- Ensure primed surface is tacky before application of Epoxy Mortar. However, in case of self-leveling system or epoxy coating, ensure that ShaliPrime 2 E is allowed to dry for 6 – 8 hours or left overnight for drying.
- Do not apply ShaliPrime 2 E on surfaces known to, or likely to, suffer from rising dampness, potential osmosis problems or having relative humidity greater than 75 %.
- Do not apply ShaliPrime 2 E to asphalt, weak or infirm concrete, unmodified sand / cement screeds, PVC tiles or sheets, or substrates known to move substantially e.g. steel walkways.
Health & Safety
• Avoid swallowing and contact with skin / eyes. • In the unlikely event of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water and then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area. • In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area. • If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting. • Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours. • Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection during application.
Available in 6 Kg unit pack consist of Comp. A – 4 kg and Comp B – 2 Kg.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.