Silane Siloxane Based Penetrative Primer for Concrete & Masonry Surfaces
ShaliPrime AC (formerly known as ShaliGaurd S-40) is a Silane Siloxane based primer for Concrete surfaces. It penetrates into the pores of concrete & reacts with moisture present to form a hydrophobic polysiloxane sealing to the capillaries. It is a transparent colourless liquid. It bonds well to the concrete surfaces.
|Physical appearance||Clear colourless low viscous liquid||Minimum application temperature||5 OC|
|Theoretical Coverage *||4 – 5 m2 /L||Specific Gravity||0.90 + 0.02|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Used as primer for protection of concrete to the ingress of water & water soluble salts.
- Reducing efflorescence in Masonry structures.
- Prevent ingress of water borne chlorides & sulphates
- Single component
- Allows concrete to breath
- Penetrates & seal the capillary pores
- Excellent water repellent properties
- Easy to use & cost effective
- Transparent, no change in surface appearance
- Surfaces to be sealed must be dry, structurally sound, and free from grease, oil, dirt and other contamination. Remove any curing compound or releasing agents prior to coating. Use compressed air to remove dust and other loose particles. Ensure that the surface is dry prior to application.
- ShaliPrime AC is a single pack system. Mix well before application, to ensure that there is no sedimentation.
- A low pressure, airless sprayer is the preferred method of application. But a brush or roller may also be used for coating. Material should be applied to assure uniform coverage. Apply ShaliPrime AC primer as per the coverage. Ensure that sufficient material is applied to saturate the surface. Allow the primer to dry for at least 4 -5 hrs before over coating
Cleaning & Maintenance
Tools, equipment and general clean-up can be done Xylene or Toluene
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of product.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Available in 20 L pack.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.