Two Component Coal Tar Epoxy Primer for Concrete / Metal Surfaces
ShaliPrime CT is suitable for priming concrete / metal surfaces prior to the application of any coal tar based epoxy floorings / coatings. ShaliPrime CT has good penetrative properties and is suitable for wall priming prior to plastering, particularly in basement, to prevent dampness.
|Adhesion to concrete||Excellent||Pot Life, hrs||4|
|Theoretical coverage, m2/L||8-10||Application Temperature, OC||5 to 40|
|Mix Specific Gravity||1.15-1.25||Flash Point, OC||25|
|Mix viscosity, 25°C, cPs||50 – 100||Water absorption||Nil|
- Priming of concrete / metal surfaces prior to application of ShaliPoxy CTE LB / HB.
- Priming of interior side of basement walls prior to plastering to prevent dampness.
- Better bonding.
- Ensure good adhesion and also prevents air release from the porous substrate, which may cause bubbles in the final coal tar epoxy topping later.
- Seals porous surface to give quality finish.
- Remove dust, flakes, or other foreign particles by jet or dry air and clean the surface mechanically or by grinding to make it smooth before application.
- Remove oil / grease etc by acid etching or by burning. Clean the surface of all dust / loose particles. A thorough detergent wash is also recommended followed by thorough cleaning with clean water and mopping it off to a dry state.
- Allow the surface to dry.
- Ensure that concrete surface is at least 28 days old or have moisture content of less than 5% before proceeding with epoxy application.
- Add the entire contents of the Component B to Component A at the ratio 4 : 1 and mix thoroughly for 3 mins. until homogeneous mix is achieved, using a slow speed drill ( 400 – 500 rpm) fitted with a suitable mixing paddle.
- Once mixed, apply the primer by using a stiff brush / roller / spray immediately in a thin continuous film on the cleaned prepared surface. Avoid excess application / paddling.
- On porous surface ShaliPrime CT will be absorbed very quickly, leaving characteristic light coloured dry patches. In such cases it is recommended that a second priming coat be applied on these dry areas. This not only helps to ensure good adhesion but also prevents air release from the porous substrate which may cause bubbles in the final epoxy topping later.
- Allow it to dry for 6 – 8 hrs
- Do not apply ShaliPrime CT
- On surfaces known to, or likely to, suffer from rising dampness, potential osmosis problems or having relative humidity greater than 75 %.
- to asphalt, weak or infirm concrete, unmodified sand / cement screeds, PVC tiles or sheets, or substrates known to move substantially e.g. steel walkways.
Health & Safety
• Use mask and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 L – 16 L Comp – A and 4 L Comp – B.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.