Synthetic Primer Coal Tar Enamel – Type B
ShaliPrime CTE (formerly known as JetSet Primer Type B) is a cold-applied, fast drying Synthetic Primer consisting of Chlorinated rubber, Synthetic plasticizer and solvents. ShaliPrime CTE is quick-drying and hence coating and wrapping application can be finished within minutes. ShaliPrime CTE produces a suitable and effective bond between the metal and subsequent coating of ShaliEnamel.
It conforms to IS 9912 : 2008, BS 4164:2002 and AWWA C 203 : 2015.
- Primer coat for hot applied coal tar enamel coating on steel pipe lines
- Primer for coal tar base tape application
- Excellent bonding of Coal Tar Enamel and pipeline surface with improved electrical insulation properties.
- Fast drying time, Excellent coverage
- No string formation during airless spray
- Free pipe surface from chloride contamination which, if any, should be removed by water spray.
- Use adequate air separators to effectively remove all oil and moisture from air supply into blaster.
- Thoroughly clean pipe surface by blasting to remove all rust, scale and other impurities exposing base metal all over to a grayish matt appearance to SA 2 ½. Before blast cleaning by shot and grit, the surface should be free of foreign matter, dust, oil or grease
- Pre-heat pipe to 40-50 OC.
- The primed pipe should have a uniform film of primer, free from runs, drips or missed spots. It is most important that the steel surface of the pipe should be at least 3 °C above the dew point before application of any protective coating.
Health & Safety
- Use goggles and hand gloves during application
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 20 L and 200 L steel drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.