Two Component Anti Corrosion Red Oxide Epoxy Primer
ShaliPrime ERO (formerly known as Red Oxide Primer) is a two component; cold cure epoxy based red oxide epoxy primer used as anti-corrosive primer. It is recommended for application on blast-cleaned metal surface.
|Pot Life, hrs||3 – 4||Mix Specific Gravity||1.26 + 0.02|
|Surface Dry, hrs||2 – 3||Theoretical Coverage, m2 / L / coat *||6 – 9|
|Dry Film Thickness||35 microns||Application Temperature||> 10 OC|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- As anti-corrosive primer on steel surfaces.
- Excellent durability to all types of chemical environment.
- Excellent inter-coat bonding
- Oil and grease on the steel surface must be removed using suitable method, salts and other contaminants by (high pressure) fresh water cleaning prior to blasting.
- After blasting, clean the surface carefully from abrasives and dust.
- Abrasive blasting is the most effective method.
- Ensure surfaces are completely dry in depth and free of dirt, oil, grease or other contamination.
- On old steel surfaces having been exposed to salt water, excessive amounts of salt residues in pitting may call for wet abrasive blasting followed by dry abrasive blasting.
- ShaliPrime ERO may be over coated with conventional paints or two-pack epoxy paints/Polyurethane paints. Over-coating can be done after 6 – 8 hrs; however, it is recommended to coat after 12 – 24 hrs of application of primer to obtain superior performance
Health & Safety
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 L container.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.