Two Component Primer for Polysulfide / Polyurethane Sealants
ShaliPrime S (formerly known as ShaliSeal Primer) is a two component epoxy system with adhesion promoting ingredients. The low viscosity primer facilitates proper bonding of sealants with concrete, steel surface, aluminium and glass.
· Component A
· Component B
|Theoretical Coverage, m2/L *
· On Concrete Surface
· On Metal Surface
|Mixing Ratio||1:1||Mixed Density, g/cc||0.94 ±0.0 2|
|Application Temperature, oC||10 – 50||RH at Application Time||< 75%|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Concrete joints
- Aluminium / steel to concrete gaps
- Glass -Aluminium cavity
- Low viscosity and easy to apply.
- High penetration to concrete surface.
- High wetting property for non porous surface.
- Ensure that the surface is sound, free from dust, laitance and other contaminants.
- Ensure thorough surface preparation, preferably by mechanically scarifying, grit / sand blasting, and removing of all laitance, loose particles and contaminants.
- Remove oil / grease etc by using 60 grit sand paper and roughen the surface to a 3-4 mill profile. Mechanical method may also be followed.
- Add the entire contents of the Component B to Component A and mix thoroughly for 3 minutes using a slow speed drill ( 400 – 500 rpm) fitted with a suitable mixing paddle till homogeneous mix is achieved,
- Apply the mix onto the surface using a brush or roller.
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes, when tacky, apply Sealant – Polysulphide or Polyurethane – on the primed surface.
- If the sealant is not applied on the primed surface (while primed surface is tack free), re-prime is mandatory before use the sealant.
Health & Safety
- Avoid swallowing and contact with skin / eyes. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- In the unlikely event of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water and then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection during application.
- In the unlikely event of fire, use carbon-di-oxide or dry powder to extinguish fire.
Available in 500 ml container consisting of component A 250 ml and component B 250 ml.
Keep in a cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat..
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.