ShaliPrime PU MIO Zn
Single Component Moisture Cure Polyurethane Primer
ShaliPrime PU MIO Zn is a moisture cured polyurethane primer filled with micaceous iron oxide and zinc that offers superior bonding to marginally prepared rusty steel and old coatings. It meets the classification under SSPC PS12.00 as Type II B Zinc rich primer and in compliance with SSPC Paint 20 Type II Level 3.
|Classification||SSPC Paint 40 Type II||Volume solid||65 ± 3%|
|Anticorrosive Filler||Zinc and Micaceous Iron Oxide||Theoretical Coverage, m2/L, 100 micron DFT *||6.5|
|Full cure||7 days|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Ballast Tanks
- Structural steel
- Inside of storage tanks
- Off-shore Platforms
- Marine-port facilities
- Material handling equipments
- Pipe lines
- Chemical Process plants
- Hydropower facilities
- Waste water Treatment facilities
- Applies to moist substrate
- Tolerant to flush rusting
- Compatible with most old coatings
- No Induction time
- No recoat time limit
- High Chemical resistance
- High resistance to blistering
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- VOC compliant
- Prepare the surface by mechanical grinding or other suitable method.
- Remove dust, flakes, oil, grease or other loose foreign particles by sand blasting, iron brush or compressed air.
- Stir drums thoroughly using a power mixer to ensure no settling of pignents in the bottom.
- Steel surface for moderate outdoor use, should be commercial blast clean finish to Sa 2 or SSPC SP6/NACE 3.
- For Immersion or severe exposure near white metal finish SA 2.5 ,SSPC SP10/NACE 2 is recommended.
- Apply ShaliPrime PU MIO Zn by brush / roller / conventional spray and airless spray
- Thinning may be required for conventional spray using STP Thinner.
- Application temperature should be more than 4-5 OC than the dew point of the environment.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean all the tools with STP Thinner.
Health & Safety
• Use barrier cream and protective cloths including gloves and goggles suitable for polyurethane system.
• In case of skin contact, clean with STP Thinner and then with soap and fresh water.
• In case of eye contact, rinse with clean water and consult doctor immediately
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
• If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately.
Available in 20 L Pail,
Keep in cool dry place, in air tight container, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened condition.