ShaliPrime PW BT
Synthetic Primer for Bituminous Tapes
ShaliPrime PW BT (formerly known as ShaliTex Primer FD) is an adhesive primer specially designed for PipeWrap BT Tape applications. It provides effective bonding between Pipe and PipeWrap BT Tape. It is applied without heating and produces an effective bond between the surface to be protected and Bituminous Tape wrapped thereon.
|Viscosity @ 30 OC STV 10 MM Cup||15-50 Sec||Drying Time- Touch Dry, Max||60 minutes|
|Flash Point, OC||>23||Volatile matter- By mass, %, Max||75|
- ShaliPrime PW BT is applied as a primer over steel pipelines for providing bond between PipeWrap BT and primed steel pipes.
- Excellent bonding of Bituminous Tape and pipeline surface with improved electrical insulation properties.
- Easy to Apply.
- Economical and cost effective.
- Clean the surface free of all foreign matter, dust, oil or grease, specially of chloride contamination.
- Ensure not to apply when temperature is less than 5.
- Blast clean surface of the pipe by shot and grit to a grayish matt appearance to SA 2 ½.
- Apply ShaliPrime PW BT at the rate of 0.30 L/m2 on completely dry surface.
Health & Safety
- ShaliPrime Pw BT is inflammable.
- Use goggles and hand glove during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
Available in 20 kg & 200 kg drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, in air tight containers, under shed, away from heat.