ShaliPrime PW CT
Synthetic Primer for Coal Tar Tape
ShaliPrime® PW CT (earlier known as Jet Set Primer Type C) is resin based synthetic primer containing unmodified chlorinated rubber and special grade of coal tar pitch. It is applied without heating and produces an effective bond between the surface to be protected and Coal Tar Tape wrapped thereon.
It conforms to AWWA C 203 : 2015, IS 10221 and IS 15337 : 2003.
ShaliPrime PW CT is applied as a primer over steel pipelines for providing bond between PipeWrap CT and primed steel pipes.
- Excellent bonding of Coal Tar Tape and pipeline surface with improved electrical insulation properties
- Easy to Apply
- Economical and cost effective.
- Clean the surface free of all foreign matter, dust, oil or grease, specially of chloride contamination.
- Pre-heat the pipe to 40 – 50 OC.
- Blast clean surface of the pipe by shot and grit to a grayish matt appearance to SA 2 ½.
- Apply ShaliPrime PW CT at the rate of 8 m2/L on completely dry surface.
Health & Safety
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes, and avoid swallowing.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 20 L and 200 L steel drum.
Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat.