ShaliPrime Zn Ph
Two Component Anti-Corrosive Zinc Phosphate Primer
ShaliPrime Zn Ph is a two component, polyamide cure zinc phosphate anti-corrosive epoxy primer for steel surfaces. ShaliPrime Zn Ph is composed of zinc phosphate, non-lead pigments and inert mineral fillers in a polyamide binder with aromatic hydrocarbons and alcohol solvents.
|Colour||Grey||Application Temp, OC||>10 to < 110|
|Theoretical Coverage, m2/L *||5.00 – 8.00 *||Pot Life, 30 OC, hr||Upto 4|
|Dry Film Thickness||60 – 100 micron||Curing Time Full Cure, days||7|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Suitable for use on blast cleaned steel where a complete epoxy system is required. It is suitable as a patch primer for treatment of manually prepared steel.
- Resists most chemical environment when used with recommended topcoats.
- Resists water / corrosion
- Provides good anti-corrosion protection
- Facilitates adhesion of finish onto difficult substrates
- Non-toxic, safer to use as compared to chromate version
- Remove dust, flakes, or other foreign particles by jet or dry air and clean the surface mechanically or by grinding to make it smooth before application.
- Thoroughly dust down the surfaces.
- Apply ShaliPrime Zn Ph by brush, roller or spray. When applied by airless spraygun, ensure that the minimum working pressure of 140 kg / cm2 with a spray tip size 0.43 – 0.53 mm and a spray tip angle of 65O . It is important that the base and the hardener are at the minimum temperature of 15 OC when mixed for satisfactory spray application
- Remove majority of rust scales from surface of rusting steel structure / reinforcement by wire brush, chipping or grinding.
- Ensure that the substrate temperature is in the range of 10 OC – 110 OC.
- Apply ShaliRustOff on the surface where wire brush is not reachable and allow the surface to dry for 30 minutes.
- Apply ShaliPrime Zn Ph on dry surface.
- Mix Comp A and Comp B in the ratios of 5.5 : 1 by volume and in the ratios of 8.9 : 1.1 by weight.
- ShaliPrime Zn Ph may be over coated with conventional paints or two-pack epoxy paints and polyurethane. Over-coating can be done after 8 – 10 hrs; however, it is recommended to coat after 12 – 24 hrs of application of primer to obtain superior performance
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Available in 15 L container.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat.
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.