ShaliPrime® Zn R
Two Component Anti Corrosive Zinc Rich Primer
ShaliPrime® Zn R is a two component, cold cure, epoxy resin blend with zinc powder. Unlike regular paints / epoxies, which resists corrosion by forming and impermeable barrier between the metal and atmospheric moisture, ShaliPrime® Zn R provides corrosion protection through tiny electrical cathodic cells formed by interaction of zinc with steel surface. Of course, ShaliPrime® Zn R provides some impermeable barrier as well. ShaliPrime® Zn R is superior to paints / epoxies in providing corrosion protection.
It conforms to IS : 14589 : 1999.
|Pot Life, hrs||3 – 6||Specific Gravity||1.50 + 0.02|
|Dry Time, hrs||1.50||Theoretical Coverage, m2/L *||5 – 6|
|Dry Film Thickness||35 microns||Minimum Application Temperature||> 10 OC < 50 OC|
* Depending upon surface condition.
- Anti-corrosive primer for steel surfaces.
- Anti-corrosive primer for reinforcement steels.
- Excellent long term protection of steel.
- Easy to use and apply at the job site.
- Paint / epoxy / urethane may be used as topcoats.
- Long pot life for optimum working time.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Clean all tools / brush / spray equipments immediately after use with epoxy thinner.
Health & Safety
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 15 L container.
Store in a cool dry place, under shed, away from heat
12 months in original unopened sealed condition.